Irritated Skin

My sister has two daughters one 3yrs old and the other 3 months and they both have extremely sensitive skin. The oldest breaks out with a rash on her neck and itches her eyes. The youngest gets very red and irratied skin behind her legs. She's tried lots of creams and needs advice on maybe some kind of miracle to relieve their irritation. Any suggestions???? Thanks

try 3 parts vaseline or aquaphor cream and 1 part cortizone cream, 3x daily, for ~4wks. Between the above applications, use an antibiotic cream such as bacitracin on the areas. This is what my doc recommended for my 4month old daughter who has eczema. We've seen a dramatic change in less than 24hrs. Good luck!

I would be happy to recommend some products that worked for my infant son. Your sister's kids may have "contact dermatitis" which can be from ANYTHING that touches their skin. They could be allergic to the laundry detergent or fabric softener too. I get laundry detergent, lotion, shampoo, soap, etc. that are all non-toxic products from an online International Wellness Co. Check this link out http://www.saferisbetter.com/lisaz they have reasonable prices too! I tried Arbonne kids line as well, it helped but I've found a company that offers more than just shampoo & lotion. I've converted my whole home over to the safer products and my son has made a remarkable improvement!

Best wishes!

extra virgin olive oil. internally and externally. miracle.

my son had that same problem with the redness behind his legs. doctor recommended a prednisone ointment that can only be used for a few days because it thins skin. i don't want to use prednisone on him regularly , it's bad for you. i tried everything. then i was introduced to ARBONNE products. they are formulated without dyes and fragrances and are herbally and botanically derived. i use the baby care wash, oil and lotion. after i started using these products , my son's skin is much better and he doesn't itch. i know they work because once my husband tried to use something else on him and he immediately broke out. i also use detergent free of fragrance and dyes. i became an independent consultant for arbonne, as a result of my happiness with their products .contact me with any questions :o)

its eczema. use aveeno, aquafor (baby), gentle naturals eczema cream, or if its safe for your youngest try the benadryl cream. if it gets really irritated and itching use some childrens benadryl. it could most likely be from allergies (a blood test will say for sure). i would reccamend an allergy test by their dr. because they may be able to precribe and allergy med. or pinpoint what is making them break out. also remember that asthma, allergies and eczema run in 3s. good luck.

Hi N.-

My children also had sensitive skin until I converted my home to all safe, non toxic, chemical free products; which include but are not limited to laundry detergent, fabric softners, all household cleaners (no phosphates, bleach, lye, no formaldahyde Q15), baby washes for body and hair. You name it, this wholesale company manufactures it in the US and ships it factory direct. All there products are very reasonable and you will even save money from what you buy now because everything is very concentrated. Please email me at ____@____.com and I would love to give you more specifics. It has changed our lives and it can yours to!

N.,

I just took my 3 1/2 yr old to the pediatrician this week because he has terrible allergies and has ezcema on his chin. I was given a perscription cream and told to keep aquafor on it all the time. It has gone away quite a bit. I keep my son on benedryl or zyrtec during allergy season because he is so sensitive. I also use free and clear laundry soap and after a bath I double rinse him to remove any remaining body wash. I just started using Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion on his entire body and it's great.

My son had a similiar issue, I switched to Arbonne baby wash and body oil for him and it cleared up. It is SUPER expensive, but it lasts for a long time, so in the long run it really costs the same I think, more concentrated or something.

1 / 3