Iowa. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any thoughts about the 2012 Iowa Caucus results?

Well, it's certainly interesting to watch, isn't it?

Well, Bachmann is now officially "out" of the race.
I don't think Gingrich "wants" the presidency. He's mostly interested in the notoriety that comes with the race. And furthering his book sales and speaking engagements, as well as future political commentary & consult.
Romney just won't be able to get the conservative Christian right behind him--no matter what his platform contains, because he is a Mormon.
Santorum? Ugh. As a Pennsylvanian myself, I can't think of a worse choice. I feel he only gained popularity at the end because the religious right just couldn't go in any other direction.
Paul? I think he's only done as well as he has because of the lack of other viable choices.
I think this is only going to get more interesting as time goes on.

I think that it's really great that the Republicans are going to hand Obama a second term in office because they can't get their sh*t together.

Seriously, there is NO ONE in the ENTIRE Republican party that everyone likes???

Mind you, I voted for Obama the first time. I was going into this election seriously evaluating alternatives. But given this complete cluster of an overall campaign season from the Republican party, I'm staying with Obama. At least the Democrats can all agree to rally behind one central thought platform.

I cannot say what I think about Santorum on a family board. That's about all I have to say about the Caucus right now.

My only thought is that I think it's crazy we put so much emphasis on a state where 60,000 votes were cast.

sure i do.

its a ridiculous dog and pony show.

When candidates are rated 1st and foremost on ability to beat Obama, well, no wonder you get a parade of the ridiculous.

That doesn't work as a party platform, as a governing principle, or as a campaign strategy.

But don't tell em. I'm getting a huge kick out of watching them chase thier tales and make fools of themselves.

I'm thrilled watching this theater of the absurd! I hope they keep it up - it's great (albeit scary) entertainment. I never cease to be amazed at the things that are coming out of these candidates' mouths - dude, you're going on and on about your religious faith and how that makes it okay to be against gay marriage. Meanwhile, President Badass Ninja brought down Osama bin Laden and ended a hugely unpopular war. I mean, seriously. The Republicans are bringing a knife to a gun fight. But I'm loving it.

ETA: AKC's Mom - yep, President Badass Ninja. I said it. He's the commander in chief. President Bush got to take credit when he stood on an aircraft carrier in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner. President Obama gets to take credit for Osama bin Laden. That's how it works.

Mini throw up in my mouth. Does that count as thoughts?

;{

I am continually shocked that so many seemingly reasonable people could support these candidates. Do ya'll read? Do you really listen and understand what they beleive in and stand for? Their positions on social issues alone is absolute extremism in most cases.
I've been sure from the start of this crazy show that Mitt will be your guy and think he is the most reasonable choice. I do find it ironic that because of his RELIGION he can't get the traction he needs going into the real race.
I think it's been invaluable (and great for Obama) that we've all had a chance to hear what these people really stand for. Never in all my years of following this stuff have I seen candidates with such extreme veiws taken seriously.
So if Mitt's your guy how are you going to get all those hard core Christians to vote for a Morman? I guess that's what happens when your party has extremists controlling such a big chunk of the voting base. Worked wonders for Bush but I for one would love to see it backfire in 2012!

Reminds me of that old song "Send in the clowns ... don't bother they're here ..."

My question is: When is it Huntsman's time to "surge???" He's the only one who could possibly give the President a run for his money. The others are just a circus sideshow.

I want Santorum to be the nominee. His psychologi­cally disturbed obsession with everyone else's privates will prove to be just too creepy even for most Republican­s.

1 / 3