Interview Question.

What to wear to a group cashier interview at giant eagle. I have a group interview at Giant Eagle this thursday and I do not want to be too dressy or too casual. I was thinking kahkis and a polo but i am not sure what kind of shoes i have tennis shoes but they are looking grungy and i dont wanna wear heals so flats?

Thats why i am asking this question, i do not want to over dress because it doesnt look good and i dont want to under dress because it also does not look good. I asked my boyfriends parents who are store owners and they both said khaki pants and a nice polo

I'd go one step above...maybe a skirt and a nice shirt or black pants and a nice shirt. I don't think it would be too dressy. And flat (or low heel) comfortable shoes. Good luck!

I disagree on the khaki/polo ensemble. No offense but this is a look very few women can actually pull off although many many try. It is a schleppy look that says safe and I don't want to try. Also, unless you are tall and thin it is hard to wear. Polos really do not flatter women in the least IMO.

My advice would be a pair of black dress pants, black shoes, collared blouse or nice shirt, necklace or scarf.

Or very dark trouser jeans, heels, blazer with a nice tee under and necklace or scarf.

You will look polished enough to stand out but still not overdressed.

When I'm interviewing I like to see someone well put together. I think black dress pants and a nice shirt can be both dressy or in the middle. You wouldn't risk being too casual.
Good luck on your interview.

Interview attire should be one notch nicer than what you will wear on an everyday basis at that job. Don't wear a suit to a cashier interview. If the store uniform is kahkis a tshirt and tennis shoes, I would do the khaiks and plo and at flats rather than ratty tennis shoes.

I always wore a suit to an interview. Even when I was applying to a grocery store for a box boy's job.

I wore a suit when I applied for a job as a police officer. Later, after I was employed, I heard my bosses say, "He didn't have any respect for us. He didn't wear a suit." They were refering to new applicants.

I would be groomed to company policy. If the requirement is no piercings, leave all your piercings at home. If they frown on tattos. Cover them all up. How will you know? Go to the store and ask several different employees. Ask the HR people what the expected dress is to the interview. Dress accordingly. Don't wear plunging necklines.

Good luck to you and yours.

I would err on the side of over dressing!! but that is just my opinion.....

Dressy is better than too casual. Heels are OK, as long as not too high (no more than about 2 to 21/2 inches). No to the tennis shoes.

Whatever you choose, be sure your clothing fits well and makes you feel good about yourself. Most importantly, wear a smile!

If you don't want to do the skirt or suit route, do dress slacks, a blouse, and modest heels. Um, no tennis shoes, please.
Better to be overdressed, in a business casual way, than under dressed.
You want to stand out from the crown while portraying your professionalism.
I always use jewelry to express my individualism :) a peace sign here or there. LOL

And I quote Sue W., "Whatever you choose, be sure your clothing fits well and makes you feel good about yourself. Most importantly, wear a smile!"

Good Luck - you'll do great !!!!!

1 / 3