Intense Shoulder Pain!

I have INTENSE shoulder pain, in the muscles from the shoulder to my elbow, like the muscles have been strained. Has anyone experienced this - I'm wondering if my shoulder is dislocated??? And do you think my chiropractor could help me or is it better to see a doctor?? I cannot lift my arm (my left arm) and am in pain constantly. This only started yesterday, due to no known or immediate injury (maybe from lying in bed wrongly??). Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I went to my chiropractor - looks like a rotator cuff injury. Will do therapy on it and ibuprofen and rest. Still very sore, but more manageable today. Now this one-arm bandit has to clean house, and finish last minute Christmas stuff!!! Thanks and have a very merry Christmas

Definitely check with your chiropractor. Bets are he/she can help your problem.....This from the wifr of a great chiropractor!!

could be a pinched nerve.. I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it as soon as you can

See a physician, not a chiropractor. It may not be something musculo-skeletal and thus... you possibly will need a physician's opinion. Other internal pain can possibly exhibit in the shoulder area. good luck and I hope you feel better.

Hi K.. I'm not sure what your pain could be but my symptoms were the same as yours. I saw my doc finally and I had an impingement in my shoulder. The pain was constant and went from my shoulder to my elbow. After I allowed it to continue without seeing the doc and avoided using that arm my shoulder became frozen (when you can't raise over head). The ortho doc that I saw started me on anti-inflammatory meds and because of my frozen shoulder I had to go to Physical therapy. Don't delay seeing the doc! Hope you feel better soon. M

Your chiropractor should be able to help. I had shoulder pain that came on suddenly, could not sleep with it. Everytime I laid down to sleep, it was if something was pulling on my shoulder and it was intensely painful. My chiropractor used a technique called active release therapy. Between that and getting a massage, it released and went away. If your chiro isn't able to do the active releae therapy, try mine. His name is Dr. Neal Griffin, he's in Arlington and his number is ###-###-####. I highly recommend him.
M. Rowe
James Rowe Plumbing

Hey K.,
See somebody to be sure this is not your heart. Unlikely, but kind of classical pain. Especially if you have any shortness of breath.

Could be rotator cuff, but i would think that would come on more slowly. If it is that then physical therapy will help you.

Get Better!

Hello K.,

I hope you're feeling better. I'd go to the chiropractor first.
~C.~

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

a chiropractor bandit