Insurance - Desoto,TX

Looking for a new company for my home owners insurance so that I can combine it w/ my car insurance. Let me know what companies are best.

Thanks.

I've had Safeco for a number of years for both homeowners and auto and they're pretty good. An auto crash claim was handled very well and everything was covered.

I don't know if they're the best, but my family (my parents, brother, myself, and my husband) have always used State Farm and haven't had any problems whenever we've filed claims. We have life, auto, and home insurance through them.

We've been with Allstate for the last 5 years and have no complaints. In that time we have had 2 claims for water back-up in our home, and both were handled EXTREMELY well.

We love Electric Insurance. We've been with them for years and they've always been professional to deal with and good to us.

http://www.statefarm.com/

I have used State Farm for over 20 years now. I don't shop because they have high limits and file claims in your best interest. In other words, should you have an accident and are found to be at fault, they will file their claim as such. By filing a claim at 50 percent, can leave you as the driver open for the other party to go after you.

You can check any insurance companies. All of them - Allstate, State Farm,
Alfa, Farmers- ( who ever is in TX) will quote you on both auto and homeowners . They always have a mutliple discount with them- when you do both. Some companies only have auto - so of course they can't quote a discount- so stick with the well - known ones.
Susie

We live in Plano and we have used Farmers over 10 yrs. They have our house, jewelry, cars, and umbrella.

It is not cheap but you can get some discounts by grouping them together, discount on car if you take defensive driving, discounts if you pay in full vs payment plan, etc.

We have Germania. We went with them at first because it's who my husband has always used but have compared quotes several times the last few years & they continue to have the best rates. Also something that really encouraged me was their response time after huricanes in the past few years. My parents town was hit really bad by Rita. With Germania many of their claims were paid before some of the other companies even got an adjuster to that town.

1 / 3