Infestation of Fruit Flies/nats

We discovered my daughter had thrown a half eaten banana behind the couch and now we cant seem to get rid of the swarm of fruit flies that have developed as a result. Any suggestions besides setting off one of those chemical bombs?

By fluke I found out about the vinegar and wine. The lid had gotten left open to the pour jar and it collected quite a bit. I also left a glass of wine unattended and had a nice collection by the time I returned to the room. I spent several days drinking wine out of a sports bottle (how classy!).

To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2' with Apple Cider Vinegar

and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the

cup and gone forever!

Oh boy, we had the same thing too! apple cider vinegar and dish soap. i also sprayed bleach down all of the sink traps. it took about 2 weeks, but they finally went away.
good luck
mom of twins

Apple cider vinegar with a drop of Dawn...gets rid of them every time!!!

I had them bad this summer. I got a small bowl, added cider vinegar and a small piece of fruit(I used a small piece of kiwi) and covered the bowl tightly with seran wrap. Cut small holes in the top of the plastic wrap so the bugs can get in but can't get out. I couldn't believe how many were in the bowl...drowned!

Make a solution of sugar (just a little), vinegar and water. The fruit flies will be attracted to the sugar, but the fumes of the vinegar will cause them to go into the solution and die. Place several jars of this solution around the area where you have the problem.

Oh man we had the same problem. We went on line and googled fruit flies and got a whole bunch of ideas on how to get rid of them and it worked!! Good luck,i know they were driving me crazy!!!

apple cider vinegar and a few drops of dish detergent in a little bowl in the area did the trick for us. :) It took a few days to get them all.

Try getting several bowls, glasses, etc. and placing some wine or fruit juice with a couple drops of dish soap in it. Covers the glasses/bowls with plastic wrap and puncture some med-sized holes in it (I usually use a toothpick but then make the hole big enough for my finger). Leave out for a few days to a week in the areas where you see the flies. They're attracted to the liquid but are killed by the soap.

Jen

cup and gone forever!

Yet another vinegar and soap in a glass, it really works

1 / 3