Infant Rash on Chin

Hi, my 8 month old baby boy has a rash on his chin from drooling. Can anyone tell me what is good to put on it at night before bed. Of course, I'd love it to be something natural but I'm willing to try something tried and true as well. Poor little guy is still smiling big and beautiful with his red chin. It makes me so sad!

Thank you so much for all of your advice. I think we got to the rash before it was too bad and spread under his chin. I had some lanolin so I used that during the day. We also picked up some baby lotion that had calendula in it, I think it was called Weleda from Switzerland. The lotion almost cleared it up overnight. I plan to pick up a few of the other items that were suggested to have on hand. Now I know where to come when I have problems or questions. I am amazed by all of your kindness and generosity with your advice. Thank you so much!

I use this amazing lotion called Renew. It got rid of my nephew's eczema in 4 days and the best part is there are no chemicals or toxins! My kids call it magic lotion. If you'd like I can show you the websit where I bought it. The company is also offering it free this month.

~H.

I use bag balm for that type of thing. I also use it for diaper cream and my 21 month old rarely gets a diaper rash. You can get it at WalMart (in the pet section:)).

Ah, another premie. My daughter was born 10 weeks early and was in the NICU for 5 1/2 weeks. She is now 16 1/2 months, weighs 23 pounds and talks, runs, and acts just like a full-term baby. It was a rough first year, but now she's great. What I used for her drool rash was aquaphor. It can be kind of messy because it doesn't fully absorb into the skin like lotion, but it leaves a protective barrier on the skin, plus helps heal it. It also works great for diaper rashes. It can be in the baby section at Target, but I've also found it at normal grocery stores near the baby wash, lotion, etc. Good luck!

Eucerin works for us.

~H.

Something that helped me up until my son turned 3 or 4 was Lansinoh Lanolin. I loved that stuff in the purple tube. It's pure Lanolin. Also, it's made for breastfeeding mothers. You can place it on their cheeks in the winter to keep from chapping, on their bum when they get a diaper rash, on their lips when they are chapped, if they get a burn on their hand and you're afraid to put a medicine on it they might accidentally ingest. It's relatively harmless. They can put it in their mouth and it won't hurt them. Best part, it costs, at most places, less than $10 a tube, you can find it almost anywhere (I get mine at Wal Mart), and it lasts for awhile. Hope this helps! :D

try lansinoh (or any other brand of lanolin) it's the really thick vasaline-type product that is usually used for nursing mom soreness. although, a little goes a long way so buy the smallest tube. you'll find it in any baby isle. It's great too because you don't have to worry about eating it, it's meant to go in mouths and on skin.

Both of our kids have sensitive skin and we use Badger brand Baby Balm. It's a very thick blend of oils and beeswax. Creates a great moisture barrier. Good for overnight diaper area as well!

Something that I have come to believe in and use on absolutly EVERYTHING is Aquaphor ointment. It is made by Eucerin. It has helped with so many of my kids little rashes that pop up all over their bodies.

My son had a terrible rash on his chin and chest from drooling, couldn't change the bibs fast enought. We used Unpetrolium jelly (like Vaseline but without the petrolium base) and it worked pretty well. I really like the suggestion of the lanolin product since it is so thick and food grade.

My daughter has this too...she's 1 and teething. The absolute best thing we found was Boudreaux's Baby Kisses. I've seen it a babies R us. Here's the link to their site - http://www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php Their products work like magic and are very gentle. We even put it on scratchs to help with the healing. This stuff is amazing. Good luck!

1 / 3