Infant Has Heat Rash

My 6 month old daughter has a heat rash on her belly/chest/underarm for the last few days, gets better at night when it's cooler. Is there anything I can do for her to make it better?

Take a clean cool wash cloth and wash her with it, do it as many times as needed and don't dry it. Let it evaporate. Give her a cool bath. Take her clothes off(except her diaper.). Put her in the shade after you have done the above. Keep the house cool all day long if you can.

put her in a bath of lukewarm water in which soda has been dissolved. Leave her undressed as much as possible. Put a fan in her room to keep air circulating. My daughter found ceiling fans a few years ago for around $20. They are easily installed in place of overhead light. The fan includes a light.

Try Target, Wal-Mart, and Home stores such as Lowes and Home Depot or is it Home Base?

I had that same problem and my mother suggested to me to use old fashion "corn starch"...and it worked:)Hope that helps.

I smooth a bit of baby powder over my son's body when he gets heat rash and this seems to help a lot. (Of course make sure she doesn't inhale the powder, but this is easily done if you smooth it over her carefully after you've shaken a bit in your hand well away from her face). The key to heat rash is to keep them dry, so make sure she's wearing cool, light clothing, too, when it's hot. Anything that cuts down on sweating....

We always gave cool baths and patted baby dry.
Then applied baby powder or cornstarch all over.
Offer a bottle of cool water during the hot part of the day. They get thirsty (not just hungry) too.
This is a time that you are probably introducing new foods, be sure it isn't an allergy rash.
Or Perhaps you are using a different soap?
Obviously you have ruled out an illness, so if it is a heat rash, cools baths should help a lot. As they get older keep a tiny swimming pool handy and 'bathe' with pool playtime.

try pure corn starch or baby powder and keep her out of any clothing as much as possible

My 2 month old has that right now also. I find that letting him hang out in just a diaper works best for him. The air on his skin helps the rash. My mom also suggested letting him play with a wet washcloth but at 2 months, he's too young. Your's however at 6 months could do just fine with it. Other than that, the only way to get rid of the heat rash, is to wait for the weather to cool down.

www.silvermiracles.com

Great products! Took my baby's heat rash away and also her excema. I wash her with the oatmeal soap every night and follow up with the cream. Good luck!

1 / 3