Inexpensive Haircuts

Ok, I'm new to the Dallas area, but was SHOCKED when I called several salons and was told that it would be $60 for a HAIRCUT! I guess I'm wondering if this is normal. I have a TON of hair and want to do a new funky haircut so I dont really want to get it butchered. I am willing to pay that if I dont have a choice. I would rather pay a little more and not look like a muppet! I'm open to recommendations!!! I live on Kelly rd/Frankford Rd....I would like something somewhat close. THANKS!

James at D'Vanity Salon in Plano at Preston/N. of Spring Creek does a good job and is very inexpensive.

I like Tiki at Eco Salon at the corner of Parker and the DNT in the South/East shopping center. My sister has a ton of hair and she does an incredible job and I think her cuts are around $45. The salon is wonderful as well. My sisters hair is really difficult and Tiki does such a great job that she drives up from Austin to have it done. The number to the salon is ###-###-####.
good luck!

I used to live in your area for 6 1/2 years and used Natasha Perkins, a senior stylist at Beauty Brands in W. Plano (Park/Midway in front of Willow Bend Mall) for over 4 years. She only charges $40. She always did a great job on my hair.

C.,
Call Clive and Co. ###-###-####, the salon is near the Galleria mall on Alpha Rd. You can type in clive and co. on your search engine and view their website. I will tell you that I get my hair cut by Clive himself and pay more than $60 BUT he trains all his employees for at least a year before they get "on the floor" and the newest person on the floor charges a reasonable amount. I have been going there for years and LOVE it...you won't be disappointed. They will take into consideration your hair type, face shape, etc. When/if you call just ask the receptionist for someone who is more reasonably priced and they'll hook you up. You will not be disappointed!! A.

Honestly, I paid $120 for my last hair cut. If you can find a very good person at one of the chop shops then you can possibly get a good hair cut. I'm talking about places like Great Clips, Supercuts and the like. I think I would rather cut my own hair than go back to those places because they butchered my hair the last time I went in.

The $120 hair cut I received was specifically for curly hair and I won't need to get my hair done again for another 8 months. So it wasn't as bad as it sounds and my hair is great. The curly hair guy is Valdeh in Plano. And yes, it does make a difference if you have curly hair to go to a person who understands curly hair. Otherwise, $60 sounds about right for a person who knows what they are doing and will give you a decent cut.

Hello.

If you're willing to drive some Artistic Edge is great (google them as they have a website). It's located at Royal/Abrams in Dallas (south of 635). Great stylist and I get a haircut for under $40. I've also had a partial highlight around my face and that cost me $30. Not bad at all.
I tried it myself, because I was looking for a good salon with reasonable price. Had been going to Neimans and was unhappy the way my stylist was doing my hair after years and the price was just high. When I walked into Artistic Edge I knew it had to be decent since it was busy. Very happy every time I visit it.

I've been using JCPenney Styling Salons for many years. Most of the stores have one inside. A wet cut is $25 and the stylists are very good. You just need to ask for someone who is good doing xyz hair and they will recommend someone. They have 3 different levels of stylist (with 3 different charge rates, so check ahead). A style cut (wet cut with product and blow dry) is $40. I've had nothing but good things to say about their stylists.

Hi C., yes, it is expensive here, but you have several options. I would get to the Toni&Guy Academy, Trinity Mills opposite Lifetime fitness and get a haircut there by one of the students. It's cheap, but excellent, you can even have colour for a knockdown price. Google Toni%Guy Academy and that should get you there. The only downside is that you have to go during the day, and it does take a while, but you will get a great haircut! They are open on Saturday though. As an alternative, all Toni&Guy salons have 'model night' where the staff are finishing off their training, haircuts then are very cheap. Or you can get a Toni&Guy haircut for about $40 dollars with a junior stylist. They are all great there, and there are lots of salons in the Metroplex. I'm a hairdresser, so I know what is good. Especially if you want a change, and something stylish,I would recommend Toni&Guy every time!

My hairdresser works out of her home right off of Marsh and Trinity Mills, close to you. She is a close personal friend as well and does a great job. She is pretty inexpensive, around $35-40. If you are interested, please email me and I will send you her name and number.

Good luck! A.

1 / 3