Indoor Activities in Denver for Toddlers?

I have two boys, ages 2 and 3 1/2. As we head into cooler weather I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for indoor activities--preferrably low-cost or even no-cost. We go to the park and zoo a lot, but we need to add some indoor things to our list! Thanks!

check out www.achildssong.com

Hey C.!

Check out the Apex Center...fantastic indoor play area, and it's free, plus a huge family friendly water playground, ice skating and child care if you feel like working out!

We also like the Cherry Creek Mall indoor playground and the one at Flatirons Mall...both free too!

Have fun!

Activity tree.com has a list of all children activities.

Check out http://www.denverkids.com -- they have a lot of great resources (and coupons!) for kids of all ages.

We love the Children's Museum and for only $75 a year, I think it is a great value! The Wildlife Experience also has some nice activities for younger children, as does the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

I find that the local rec centers offer inexpensive tumbling, dance, art classes for toddlers.

Have you tried the malls that have indoor play space for kids? My kids really like the play space at the Cherry Creek Mall, I would suggest going early in the morning though before it gets really busy.

We go to the Children's Museum, Downtown Aquarium, Gymboree, playground in Cherry Creek Mall, Nathan's Funtastic Fun. Good luck!

dollar tree has $1 chalk boards and sidewalk chalk, i give that to my 20 month old twins to play with, coloring, cornstarch and water with food coloring makes interesting slime, there are lots of homemade playdough recipes online, fingerpaints, we listen to laurie berkner and have our own band with pots and pans and wooden spoons, we dress up too. A felt story board is good too, I made one from card board a yard of felt and then purchase the felt sheets 4/$1 at hobby lobby and cut out trees and clouds, apples, bugs, cars, you can get really creative and teach your children with this. There are usually activities at the local library, and another great place is meetup.com where other parents in the area find cheap or free activities for toddlers in the area.

good luck

I don't if you know abot Monkey business and Party on. They are both indoor jumping and playyards that charge a fee to get in. My sister swears by them for her 4 year old. Good luck!

1 / 3