Individual Health Insurance

We are moving to Texas from Florida in January and wanted to know who is the best "individual" health insurance company to get. Any advice?

My husband is self employed and I looked at quite a few individual plans. Hands down, Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Texas. The offer a variety of plans w/ various price points.

we use Unicare. They're not the best at covering expenses, but the premiums are the cheapest that I have been able to find. If your family is pretty healthy, the coverage is decent. www.unicare.com

I've had GREAT experiences with Unicare!!

A.

Blue Cross Blue Shield has the best policy, but premiums are very expensive and tend to go up every six months. We have tried numerous other companies, but have had World Insurance for the past year. The policy has its annoyances, but I think it is because we were so spoiled from having Blue Cross. I think it is probably the best somewhat affordable individual coverage you can get. STAY AWAY FROM UNICARE,though! We had a nightmare of an experience with them and I know several others who have had problems with them also...Good luck to you! If you need additional info or if you would like the name and number for my agent, I would be glad to dig that up for you - just e-mail me.

Hi T., I just happen to be a broker of individual and group health products, AND a member of Mamasource!! I also live in Allen, so I'm closeby. As far as individual carriers I recommend, I have had my husband and my kids personally on both UniCare and Aetna individual. If you're used to group policies, you'll see some differences between those and individual policies, but they are still very good plans. As far as affordability goes, UniCare is almost always the "winner" as far as price is concerned. Blue Cross/Blue Shield TX is the highest priced, but most popular with the doctors. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. My e-mail is ____@____.com, and our website is www.ottcompany.com.

Welcome to Texas and to Collin County! ;-)

My daughter has Blue Cross individual insurance. Her insurance would cost 4x as much through our work. Agent - Terry ###-###-####. Good insurance but remember as with any self-employed or individual type insurance - if they can't SEE it - they won't pay for it. i.e.- no special needs issues and therapy paid for

1 / 3