Include Unborn Child on Christmas Card??

Hi moms. I am a little stuck on what to do. We recently found out that I am pregnant, but I am still in my first trimester. We were about to make our Christmas cards since we can get them 50% off if we buy early. I am conflicted on whether to include our unborn baby on the card or not. Most of our family doesn't know we are expecting yet, so we thought it would be a cute surprise to receive at Christmas. However, we are still in the high risk time line for miscarriage. I have had one successful pregnancy with very little complications and a beautiful daughter from it. I have also not shown any signs at all of miscarriage. However, between trying for several months and finally conceiving plus having 3 friends miscarry in the last four months so I am more wary than I have ever been. I'm afraid if we put this child on our Christmas card that we will miscarry possibly even before we send out the cards. However, we just really liked the idea of announcing our pregnancy to our family this way, especially since we live on the East Coast and most of our family lives across the country on the West Coast. What do you ladies think about it?

Personally, I would not. Wait until arrival and send out some super cute announcements then. It's almost like including the new baby on the Christmas card will steal the announcement thunder! Congrats!

I wouldn't put that on a Christmas card. If you lose the pregnancy you don't want that reminder on a Christmas card. I would just call and or email family members.

*EDITED TO SAY* Losing a baby at any point in a pregnancy is devastating. There are other ways to express that joy without putting it on a Christmas card. You may not lose but if you do lose the baby do you really want that reminder on a Christmas card? I lost my 1st at 18 weeks and the grief was terrible to put it mildly so while it is true you will probably not lose you want to consider if you do. Just something to think about. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I would not do this. Announce your pregnancy when it is safe to the people you really need to tell, but not in your Holiday greetings. This would just be very strange to me and oddly personal for a greeting card. You can find a cute way to tell your family, but don't send this to your husbands boss...or your neigbor or your college roomate...it just seems like too much information.

I would wait. No reason to rush it, especially with being so early in your pregnancy.

You'll have every year in the future to include this baby on your cards.

Just make this year a really special one, since it will be the last year of your family just as it is now!

Congratulations!

I wouldn't do it. You can announce when you're further along!

I would buy them now and include the surprise announcement if that's how you want to let folks know. I think it's a cute way to do it. If you do happen to miscarry before you send them out, you can order new ones & I don't think the extra expense will be your top concern at a time like that (or even getting Xmas cards out at all for that matter).

In my opinion, even though the first trimester is riskiest, it is much more likely that you will carry to term than not & I feel a little that saying "but I might miscarry" is a kinda like saying "but my husband might get hit by a bus before I have a chance to send the cards out"

A sad event might happen, but don't count on it happening & if it does happen then have a plan b and send out different cards. Best wishes and health for your pregnancy! Congrats!

I'm with Denise P.

Congratulations and I hope everything works out for you.

Personally, I would wait and not mention baby. I am one that went and told the world and then miscarried, so now I am more cautious.

Oh, one cute way you could do it is to have a family pic of you guys in your pjs fixing cinnabuns.... ya know, 'a bun in the oven'! then baby would be included.

1 / 3