In the Exact Strange Holes in My Clothing...

Hi ladies! This is a weird one! Several of my shirts over the last few months have been getting small holes in the front waist area. It would look as though something was eating it but they are just tiny holes and anywhere from 1-3 holes. It sits just above or just below my belt. I tried to see if it was my belt but it is not sharp and does not rub right on the spots where the holes are. I have checked the shelf below where my shirts hang to see if anything is under there that is sharp. We do not have mice. :o) It is not my zipper rubbing. I am at a loss and starting to get upset about it. Today I noticed a nice sweater I bought not too long ago now has a hole in it. I have two belts that I wear on a regular basis and neither are sharp.... Please help me think of what it could be! Crazy question I know.....
thanks for your help!

I can't imagine they are moths because the holes are in the exact same spots on all of my shirts. No pants, and only at my waistline. I have not seen ants....and I would surely see them. I will try to get moth repellant anyway b/c it is a good thing to have...keep trying ladies! Thanks!

****my husband also thinks it is my seat belt rubbing on my belt. I think you ladies have hit it right on. Now help me figure out how to avoid it. I have to wear my belt! :o)

My husband was having the same problem and we learned he was leaning into a product that caused this chemical reaction.

I frequently catch my shirt or sweater on my kitchen drawer and cabinet handles that are about that height.

I am sooo glad you posted this! I have the same thing - 2 holes, same place in long and short sleeve shirts I wear with all different outfits! I can find nothing in common. Thank you thank you thank you for posting this, it's so nice to have some answers!

Do u have a granite countertop bar that u sit at? If so, feel the edges to see if there r little chips in it where it would rub at your waist. Or a desk at work?

Do you have long fingernails? It could be the spot where you tuck?

It's your belt. Well, it's probably your belt. It doesn't have to be "sharp" to wear down the fabric. My husband has this too on his favorite old t-shirts. Sit down in the shirt with your belt on you'll see when it wrinkles up it is hitting dead-on. Now, think, you strap your seatbelt across it when you drive, whenever you bend over, that's where the material is being worn down. Most likely scenario. That's what it was for my husband. Also google the issue you'll find you're not alone and that many have discovered odd reasons for tiny holes in their shirts--everything from granite countertops to tiny buttons on their car seatbelts.

seat belt was my thought too. take wash cloth and fold it iver your seatbelt and sew or pin it or something like thoue things to keep baby's faces from rubbibg on the seatbelt.

I also think it's your belt. This happened to my husband years ago. He also didn't have a "sharp" belt, but it was rubbing holes into his shirts anyway. A good way to see if it is your belt(s) is to stop wearing them for a little bit and see if the problem goes away.

This happens to me and the holes are the same size and place. Its so annoying but its not my seat belt and I don't wear a belt. Ever. I am almost positive mines from my fingernails! When I pull my shirt down when it rides up I of course pull it down and I think my nails catch it sometimes. My mom says it is also from the washer and washing my jeans in with the shirts and the super catching while in.

1 / 3