In Need of a Very Understanding Peds Dentist

My oldest son turned 3 in February and is way overdue for his 1st dental visit. He is terrified of doctors and I'm dreading the thought of how he'll react when he sees the dentist coming at him with an explorer! I've read the few reviews on local dentist, but none were pediatric. I'm in the Summerlin area, but willing to travel if I can find an exceptional dentist. Any recommendations?

LaDawn,

I go to the Dr. Sina on Green Valley Pkwy. She's an actual pediatric dentist not just a dentist who happens to see kids. She's very good and she's a mom too.

I highly recommend her.

HI. I also live in Summerlin. But we go to:
Childrens Dental Care & Orthodontics
3600 N. Buffalo
Las Vegas, NV 89129
http://www.tinytooth.com
It is at Buffalo and Cheyenne.
I love the doctors there. They are so sweet and do not pressure the kids to do anything they don't want to. We go to Dr. Madsen, but all the doctors are nice. I highly recommend them. Good luck.

We've had good experiences seeing Dr. Ellsworth at Anthem Pediatric Dentist (Eastern & St. Rose) but we've heard good things about Toothfairy Dental as well. Toothfairy has a Summerlin location near the Lakes area.

I second Jolene's recommendation. I also use Childrens Dental Care & Orthodontics. I had to recently take my 14 month old baby there as she had fallen and hit her tooth pretty hard. They were SO fantastic, understanding, and patient! They were able to get us in, in a matter of hours and the entire staff was kind and wonderful. They also have nice big facilities which I LOVE.

A Children's Dentist in Summerlin (Charleston/Rampart) run by Dr. Joshua and Michael Saxe is amazing. I have two daughters ages 6 and 1 and they beg to go to the dentist. The practice is strictly pediatric and they truly have a gift with children.

I loved A Children's Dentist-Dr Saxe. My daughter was 2 1/2 when I took her. She loved him and he was good!!!

LaDawn,

I highly recommend her.

I have heard terrible things about Anthem Ped Dentist. A friend of mine took her 3 yo there and they held her down just to do a cleaning!!! I would never let my kids go thru something like that. We go to Adaven Ped. Dentistry. Dr Manny Rapp and his staff are awesome. They have always been kind and understanding when it came to fear with my kids. They were able to do a full set of xrays and cleanings on both of my kids (5 and 3). They will be a bit of a drive for you but I think it would be worth it (they are off Pecos and Windmill area). You might even check to see if they have another location! Good Luck.

Anthem pediatric dentistry is really good. It's in Henderson off of Pecos/St Rose pkwy and Eastern. They have toys in the waiting room. Like pinball machines, a train. It has tv's that show new kids movies. In the back they have tv's at every bed. They have a huge room with lots of beds, but if they need to, they can move your child into a another room. They do strap the kids down if they start throwin ga fit, but will try other measures first to get them to calm down. You also have to give permission for them to do that. My son has been going to them since he was 2 years old (now 4) and he loves it. We can't get him to leave the place.

1 / 3