If You Could Live Anywhere?

There was a question this morning of why anyone would want to live in tornado alley. It was followed later by California dreaming...

I live in St Louis. I could work just about anywhere, ya know, accounting and IT pretty much fits everywhere. Troy does automation systems, again, he could go anywhere. Looking at all the possibilities I have no desire to move. I love where I am at. When my kids get out of high school we will be moving, about 20 miles out of the city. Ohhh what a move.

I have traveled a lot and have never found anywhere else I would want to call home. Sure there are a fair few cities in Europe I would want to take an extended stay in, I think fall in Australia would be nice but home will always be here.

So how about you guys, if you could live anywhere, where would you want to live and why?

Oh, why here, because it fits me.

Money is no object. :)

Hmmm...probably on the fault line on the side of a volcano in the middle of Tornado Alley with a nice river in the backyard.

:D

A Malibu beach house would be AMAZING!

But so would a pad in Santa Barbara!

Or an old plantation in Georgia w/ the weeping willow-lined driveway!

*I grew up in Ca and had family w/a beach house in Malibu....talk about amazing childhood memories...secretly I always wished they would adopt me and I could spend more than the month that we stayed in the summers growing up!

I wouldn't live anywhere but Texas, but wouldn't mind having a lake house with a boat dock.
Like you, I have traveled a bit and want to do more.

:D

I know exactly where I'd live... I just don't know where that place is!

Small town (really small), on a train line to a big city (for the best of each)
Mountains w/ snow w/in 2 hours in one direction (for snowboarding)
Sea w/surf w/in 2 hours in another direction (for surfing)
Hot Summers
Cold Winters (or at least sunny ones, w/ snow in those mountains)
No alligators or crocodiles
English optional

So far that's either N. Italy, South Island Enzedd, or (I'm told) New Jersey.

I've spent most of my life in deserts and jungles, and travelled over half the world. I haven't found "home" yet, except that home is wherever my pillow is. I'm here for now, but wherever I end up, I have the kind of family which will gladly come visit, and have me visit in return. I can live anywhere. It's just finding it.

A Malibu beach house would be AMAZING!

But so would a pad in Santa Barbara!

Paris, France. I've lived there before. Beautiful, inspiring, cosmopolitan, international, intelligent people everywhere, delicious food, you can walk and walk and walk and walk some more and never run out of beauty to behold. If you need medical attention: voila. Available at very little cost even to foreigners. I'd give anything to enroll my kids in French preschool and school.

For all different reasons I'd like to move to Berlin, but have not been there. I did live in Germany for four years and LOVED it.

Aw heck. If money is no object, London will do, but I would prefer a foreign language for the kids. And actually, subtracting language form the equation, back to NYC would be awesome too.

Disney Resort with park passes and the deluxe dining plan LOL ;-)

So my ideal place exists in real life.....but would take a miracle and a million or so dollars to make into my reality.....but hey I am still allowed to dream, right?

Northern California.....Over looking the water but up on a hill side where the grass is really long....I want to have a old farm house lay out with modern flare.....I want to have a living room that has walls that open garage door style, into the yard(front and back)...We are big on ''living outside'' when the weather is amazing...so this would keep our home open and turn our living room into the outdoors......I also want to have the first floor be the kitchen/living room and recreational area.....The couches would be huge round permanent fixtures in the room.....That you can lay on, sit on you name it....They would be well cushioned for comfort.

The rest of the house would be just as open....Lofty. There would be bedrooms and what not but on a very open floor plan.

Boys would be able to have as much space as they wanted to do what they wanted.

I would foresee a rope swing or tire swing and a tree house.

When I close my eyes I envision the sunrise's and sunsets we would watch.....And how they would smell over the water....IF you have ever lived on or near the Ocean you can start to make out the smells of each.....And it is comforting.

I want to be able to grow my own food on my land as well. Be as self doing as possible for everything.

This vision in some fashion is on my bucket list.

I may never get the cool house, but this is where and how my hubby and I want to grow old together. Just getting to enjoy each other and being alive.

I want things to be simple. Somewhere quiet.

I would love to live in the high Sierras, in a cabin by a pristine lake. Hot summers, cold winters, always beautiful :-)

I always say, I want to live somewhere warm, where it is warm all the time. I just hate the cold, I really do. I have lived in Kansas all my life, and just this year went to Florida, and I thought it was lovely, but of course you should probably visit a place more than once to desire to move there. So I don't exactly know where I would want to move, but somewhere warm for sure!!

1 / 3