Ideas on How to Hide Vegetables Please!

I have two boys - ages 5 and 3. They are somewhat picky eaters. They love their carbs and will eat some fruits...but i need to get more veggies in their systems! They don't like to try new things so I'm looking for suggestions on how to hide veggies in other things so that they don't taste them too much...and also so they don't see them! Thanks in advance!

Try the cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. The whole cookbook is about hiding vegies in things kids will eat.

I have to say after reading all the responses that I'm surprised that so many people have to "hide" veggies! I guess I'm blessed that my kids eat mostly only fruits and veggies. But they do get a very balanced diet.
My suggestion you would be to continually offer them the things they say they don't like. Try cooking them different ways and make trying everything on their plate a requirement for dinner time. I've had to offer the same foods over and over again until my children acquired a taste for them. I think "hiding" them would make them think that veggies aren't a part of a balanced diet and as they grow up they might not ever eat them. I could be wrong, but they are just my thoughts. Good luck!

You can put half an avocado in a berry smoothie and no one will be wiser (I usually use a banana, avocado, blueberries and soymilk - freeze any leftovers in popsicle molds for a treat for later.
Peeled grated zucchini can also be added to cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese, in oatmeal (it really tastes good!), in meatballs or in our house tuna fish balls.

Grated veggies can be made into veggie pancakes and served with ketchup with flaxseed oil mixed in for extra omega 3 - use heart shaped pancake molds for more fun.

Hi L.....

You can hide spinach, zucchini, and carrots in just about anything. Pasta sauces, meatloaf, lasagna, enchiladas/tacos, soups, smoothies, etc. Shred the zucchini/carrots and they'll mix into anything. Frozen chopped spinach (drained) is easy to mix into anything.

Also, you can puree the veggie and mix into mashed potatoes....makes them colorful, and therefore, way cool!

Deceptively Delicious is a knock off. The ORIGINAL book on hiding veggies is Sneaky Chef by Missy Chase Lapine and I have used it successfully on my daughter AND her friends! The only time it hasn't worked is when I served it to adults - the carrots/sweet potato mixture in some foods makes the food "sweeter" so my hubby caught on, but ate it anyway. Great ideas!! HIGHLY Recommended!!!!

my son loves mac & cheese so i puree any veggie i can think of and add it to that. winter squash seems to be the favorite!

hide it in spagetti sauce, pizza sauce, banana bread, mac and cheese, almost anything that you cook that has a sauce or batter you can get away with putting a veggie in there and its masked. i also have the book by jessica seinfield and another one called the sneaky chef by missy chase lapine. hope this works.

Hi, L.!
Check out the book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. I think it's exactly what you're looking for. Your kids will never even realize it when there's cauliflower and squash in their mac and cheese. :)

-T.
www.onefitmama.com

1 / 3