Ideas for Things to Do in Houston

My sister and her family (children 6 and 8) are coming to visit us for the Valentine's Day weekend from the Upper Midwest. I am looking to show them a good time and was wondering if any of you have any great ideas for things we might do that weekend.

When my brother and his family were here ages: 2, 6, 8, and 11, we went to Amazon Grill (make sure that you get the cotton candy or s'mores) on Kirby and to the Children's Museum. It was a hit.

The Houston Zoo or the Museum. Factor in lunch. Fun for that age group, they will remember it. Take lots of pictures to share with them.

I love the tip about Amazon Grill - it's a great restaurant and so different than anything they get in the midwest (trust me, that's where I'm from!)

I highly recommend NASA space center - it's fabulous!! That would be my number one pick!

If Kemah is back up and operational, that's a good place too but a bit pricey.

Take them to the Children's Museum...last time I went, it was only $5 admission and SO much for the kids to see and do.

Any of the places in the museum district are wonderful. You can pack lunches and make a day of it. My kids love the zoo, and, it takes more than a day in my opinion to really see it all!!!

Have a Valentine's Party and Have a backyard or Park scavanger hunt ( looking for love). Call me I can photograph the whole thing for you. AHS Photos###-###-####.
Or maybe go to the children's Museum I'm sure they'll have some type of event.

1 / 3