Ideas for Mom's 60Th Birthday Gift?

Hi Ladies,
I need some ideas for my mom's 60th birthday gift. She's the woman who either has or buys everything she wants, so she's very hard to shop for. She also really has no hobbies. My sister got her a cute necklace, I need a great idea. I'm looking to spend $100 or less. Please share your ideas!

Thank you, Ladies, for all your wonderful suggestions! I was under the gun for time, so I could not do anything too creative, though I wish I had asked for ideas earlier. Today I ended up going to Things Engraved and got her a beautiful sterling heart locket and had it engraved. I will put our photos inside for her. :)

How about gift cards for movies or theater? Or a spa day. Or a spring cleaning. I also recommend a new game called ColorKu--it's fun and really keeps the brain working. It's Sudoku without numbers.

Hi there. I would recommend personalcreations.com.
It is a website where you can order most anything personalized with their name. I order from them a lot when I have someone to buy for that is not easy.
Especially at Christmas.
Oh - and google coupons for that site like couponmountain.com, couponcode.com etc b/c sometimes you can find a 10 or 20% off code to enter in at checkin.

My mom, for her 50th, we took all the grandkids and got a group photo and framed it. She loved that. My mom too needs nothing or buys what she needs. Another idea we have used in the past, at Hallmark and even JoAnn Fabrics, they have talking scrapbooks. We make pages for each kid or grandkid and then they record something with the page and it can be played back.
Just some ideas!

Does she enjoy theater? Take her to a show!

I second all the great ideas with videos, pictures and writing from friends and family. My husband's grandmother has a book full of letters from family, she received it for her 90th, she reads it frequently and loves it.

Hi T.,
How about a scrapbook through the years. You could start with her as a young lady or even an infant and then add to it with things or pictures of important times in her life right up to the current. You could include pictures from family and friends, hobbies or trips. Also, to keep the cost down you could make it very simple and use a 4x6 or 5x7 size.
I'm sure your Mom will love whatever you come up with!

My mom's favorite gift that I got her, was I made appointments for her and I and my daughter to get manicures together. She never pampers herself like that, and she loved spending time with us.

I got a really neat digital picture frame and loaded it with pics of us kids growing up. She loved it! It was personal and something we can keep adding on to.

I am duplicating another post, but wanted to share. For my mom's 60th, we got the 3 kids, spouses and grandkids together for a large family photo. We then framed it and gave it to her. She loved it. We went to Sears where it's not so expensive. I love that my brothers and I are together with our kids for the picture.

good luck.

1 / 3