Ideas for Light Weight Gifts

Any ideas for light weight, not too expensive yet thoughtful gifts to be shipped overseas? I have several family members overseas and it always costs me a fortune to end them xmas presents.

I have the same issue. The solution that I found was going to foreign websites, like Amazon.uk, and mailing directly from the sight. Saved loads of money in shipping!

It's hard to give you suggestions when we don't know if you are talking about adults or children. Depends also on where they are. If they live somewhere like the UK, you could give Amazon gift certificates. You could buy books, paperback instead of hardbacks. More information would be helpful.

Is it possible to send a magazine subscription to them-like Readers Digest, Guidepost, etc.
V. B.

Good morning, N.,
I don't know what your religious background is, but we always sent advent calendars to family members overseas (in military) and they always loved them.
They are not very expensive, usually under $10, and cost very little to send because you can send them in a flat envelope-style mailer. Especially people with children appreciate them, but they are enjoyable (and meaningful) at any age.

check amazon.com or amazon.uk and other international Sites: Canada | United Kingdom | Germany | Japan | France | China

Good luck! ~C.~

In this age of internet shopping, I would find a company in the country where your family resides and shop with that company. Shipping and taxes would be reduced greatly.

GL!

Personalized pillow cases are a fun idea. You can also send along the fabric markers (made by Crayola) for them to add their own artistic touch. I have done these for nieces and nephews and they love them. They are very light weight!

This was a great idea from one of my friends. You know those speciality popcorn shops...there is one in Richardson called Popcorn Poppa & then in downtown McKinney on the square, I think it's Mom & Pop's Popcorn. Anyhoo, you can get 2 bag of "candied" corn and send that. She said last year she got 2 bags, one red and one green (about $15) and then mailed it all of her out of town relatives. She said she got calls for 3 days about how much everyone loved it.

Why don't you make personalized calendars? Your family would like the pictures and thoughfulness and they won't cost you a furtune!

N.

N.~
Please check out the gift section on this website
tastefullysimple.com/web/cbywater

These are quality packaged gifts that you can be proud to give or receive. Everyone likes to eat & these easy to prepare gourmet foods are absolutely delicious.
And you don't have to wrap them or ship them, It is all done for you.
Please call me if you have any questions.

Best of luck to you.

There are some boxes at the post office that you can get that you can put your gifts in and they have a flat rate. (I think it's $8.95 and $12.95, but don't hold me to that.) From my understanding WHATEVER fits in the box goes for the posted rate.

A group of parents (DFW Marine Corps Families) uses these boxes when we have packing parties to send care packages to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN GIVING DONATIONS OF MONEY OR PRODUCTS TO THIS GREAT CAUSE, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ____@____.com AND I'LL GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION.

Hope this helps in shipping what you want to send.

Hi N.,

A few years ago my family decided that we wouldn't give gifts to the adults, just the kids in the family. We also decided that if you felt compelled to give a gift, then make a donation in a family member's name. It saved everyone so much time and stress, and we all enjoyed watching the kids have a great time.
The favorite donation I make for family members is to http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.183217/

Now that my daughter is a little bit older, I will explain to her what a donation to this organization means and how it can really help people.

It's just a thought. I'm not trying to be preachy! My family was just ready for the idea and we were all getting so stressed out trying to find "just the right thing" in time to wrap it, ship it, and be done with it.

Peace,
www.yogapotential.com

I would send them gift cards. To stuff they can use on line..
Or stuff that is in their area.

What about photo books? You can make really cute, smaller sized ones that are very flat (not spiral bound or hard back) online and prob. ship directly to your family. You could take pics and write cute captions -- maybe even mix new and old photos??

yeah..there is a company called www.greenraising. Check them out there is a lot of great earth friendly gifts. I've sent my folks the Sigg Aluminum Bottles and Ecobags net bags. great idea.

Christmas ornaments from a craft show.

I-tunes cards or other gift cards, magazines, homemade goodies. Just remember, depending where they live they will have to pay import fees/taxes on items shipped in so make sure you aren't causing them to have to pay an arm and a leg for their Christmas gift.

What about a nice family photo? Really light weight and they can keep up with how your family is growing up? You don't have to send a frame! Just a thought!
A.

Gift cards to a store local to them. I'm sure you can purchase them on line if you know the name of the store.

jewelry, pashmina, photos, gift cards

Personally I think portraits of your family is a great idea. I can even help you with that; www.AngiesTMM.com

Hope this helps!
A.