Ideas for Kids Favorite Book Character Costume

I'm going to hit up pinterest for the books my kids are interested in but i thought it was a fun question to ask here,

have your kid classes done this and what costumes can you come up with?

I love the Where the Wild things are Max costumes i've seen.

the big bad wolf would be fun.

I would love for my kids to do a couples costume and go as brother and sister bear from Berenstien bears. but brother bear isnt into that one.

i think this kind of fun the school is doing this but i also don't have alot of energy to put into a costume this time of year. I would love to hear your experiences or suggestions.

opps i was trying to hard not to bias anyone that i forgot their ages, 8 dd and 10 ds
diary of a wimpy kid, chronicles of narnia, lord of the rings, garfield, and ook and gloook are ones ds likes

and fancy nancy ( love the costume idea!!! the necklace and hat pulled it together for me) beranstien bears, arthur and dw, american girls, clifford, junie b jones

I would have a very hard time getting my 9/10 year old boy to do that!

MAYBE a DOAWK t-shirt--MAYBE...lol

For littler ones the Thing 1 and Thing 2 is cute.

Last year my daughter wanted to be Fancy Nancy for Halloween. We used a ruffly shirt she had with matchingin leggings, added a tutu from the dollar store, added several beaded "pearl" necklaces and she used one of her Easter hats. I set her hair w/ soft rollers after her bath the night before. She carried her toy tea set. It was her teacher's favorite costume and it didn't cost us anything.

This year she was Arrietty (Secret Life of Arrietty movie based on the book The Borrowers). Long-sleeved turtle neck dress couldn't be found so I used a red adult sized turtleneck shirt and put leggings under it. We used a belt we already had and a clip similiar to one Arrietty wore in the movie (hubby already had it). We bought a dowel rod and painted it silver (after making one end pointy) and added a styrofoam ball on top (this was to copy the pin used as a sword).

Both of these are great as story book characters.

What grades are your kids in? That would probably help you get characters that match books they are familiar with at their ages.

my son once went as Harry Potter for this and once just wore a Diary of a Wimpy Kid t shirt. I think this idea is more suited to girls.

MAYBE a DOAWK t-shirt--MAYBE...lol

I made a royal cape with fur trim for my oldest for Ole King Cole when he was in K. I can't tell you the number of uses that cape had! My 2nd son had it after he did. It was borrowed by other moms. I recommend a cape for the most useful costume ever!

Do Jack and Annie from the magic treehouse books. You don't say how old your kids are but... horrible Harry, thing one and thing two, tweedle Dee and tweedle dum, Alice, Peter pan.....

Our daughter was Daphne from Scooby Doo one year. She was also Scooby Doo another year. Any of those characters would be super fun and pretty easy to put together.

My son (10) would be Harry Potter and my daughter (8) would be Athena from Percy Jackson series!

1 / 3