Ideas for First Birthday Party for Girl in November?

I would like to do something a little bit more than just a cake for my daughters first birthday. Some of my friends have done theme parties that are soo cute but unfortunately they have boys so I couldn't steal their ideas (bugs, dirt). I cannot spend a ton of money so am also looking for things I can do or make myself. I am looking for ideas for cake, decorations, invitations, maybe party favors. I;m probably not going to do games because she is too little. Any ideas?

Any theme will work, surprisingly even something like bugs will work for a girls (ladybugs are really cute) Themes help you to have something to plan your decorations, cake, invitations around. For my daughters first birthday we had a lot of family. I actually had it at a local pizza restaurant and then had cake and ice cream which I provided along with the plates and forks to eat it on. Then she opened all her presents. Pretty simple and the restaurant got to do all the clean up. However, her second I had at a park, and her third last month I had at home. You could do something similiar by making appetizers or something that that for refreshments, have the cake and ice cream and present time. That is usually plenty. Most people just want to see the little one eat their cake (get it all over that is) and then try and open their presents. So make it cute and fun and try not to stress too much.

Go to familyfun.com!!!
It has tons of ideas!!
You'll love it, have fun!

Hi K. -

My little girl will also be turning 1 in November and I will be having a small party with just family. I was thinking of doing a ladybug theme. You can make the invites, I found a link that shows how to make your own and you can even start out with "Our little lady is turning one - Please join us for some birthday fun"
http://www.dltk-kids.com/CRAFTS/insects/mladybuginvite.htm . I have not decided on the cake if I will try and make one or order it or you can even do cupcakes: http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/partycakes_ladybug.htm Also since our little girls birthday's are so close to Halloween I just bought a cute ladybug outfit and was thinking of taking her picture in her outfit and putting it on her invation somehow. Well good luck - it is a fun time and you always want to remember their 1st birthday even if they don't - they can always look at the pictures later.

I've seen some very cute parties that had a simple theme like "1" or the first initial of the birthday child's name. Or even a color!

I always go to familyfun.com and check out their birthday parties. They have wonderful cakes and game ideas.
Have fun!

1 / 3