Ideas for Daughter's 9Th Birthday

Any ideas for a great 9th birthday for a girl? My daughter is the youngest of 3 girls so she does not want anything babyish. (I went online to view upcoming movies and found one; the theater around here, for 16 girls and all of us would cost me about $400. Astounding!) She tells me that seeing movies is the rage, but does not want to spend that kind of money (even she gets it). We live in Deerfield ... Had any great experiences lately??? Thanks!

How about renting their favorite movies, ordering pizzas and letting her have a big girl overnight?

we live in vernon hills and roller skating is in too. also there is a cheep theatre in Libertyville that is half the price. i think called Liberty I and II. it is old inside but then u can walk across to chocloate mountain factory and have cake or each child shops and picks out a piece of chocolate etc. rollerskating was a hit too or laser tag at whirly ball or bowling

I just had a birthday party for my daughter that was a HUGE success. I hired a DJ to set up a dance party in the backyard - rock & roll diva/Hannah Montana style. I bought inflatable microphones from Party City and served pizza & make your own ice cream sundaes. I gave the DJ a list of songs to play in advance and he ran the whole party except for the eating part. It was so fun, and VERY affordable!

When my niece turned 10 (I know not the same as 9, but the idea might still work).....my sister arranged for manicures for the girls. We gathered a bunch of formals ( most from re-sale shops), hats, high heels, purses, etc.....some "jewels" (actually plastic beads) and had the girls dress up like grown-ups, allowed them makeup ( lipstick, blusher and eye shadows).....they had a wonderful time. She served "cucumber sandwiches" and other tiny food and cakes..... the girls LOVED it! Sometimes the old ideas work best!

For my daughters 8th Birthday last year we went to Keylime Cove. They offer party packages but you can also rent a room and only have the girls come for a few hours and order Pizza. Does she have to have 16 girls?
You could do the movies or Keylime Cove with about 1/2 that number of kids.

1 / 3