Ideas for Birthday Gift for My 12 Year Old Niece

My niece will be 12 years old & I need some interesting birthday gift ideas for her. Any suggestions?

if she has an ipod or mp3 player then a itunes gift certificate is fun, appreciated, and will make a hit.
I have 2 kids son 15 years old and daughter 10 years old. When they get this they have smiles on for a very long time.

The thing that 12 year olds are into the most is hanging out with their friends. Keeping that in mind, why not get her a gift certificate she can share with a friend? Perhaps a movie for two with popcorn type gift certificate. A few cute movies are coming out that are appropriate for her age group. I think she will really appreciate that and you'll be the "cool" aunt who "gets it" about the importance of friends. Best wishes, N.

Spend quailty time with her.....first take her to lunch, then take her to her favorite store and let her pick out something she wants.....

It depends on the girl and how much you want to spend. Would she love a day of pampering with a friend? or go for manicures, movie gift cert?

If she likes to read (or perhaps this would encourage her to like reading), I would ask her or her mom for a list of books she would like to have.

Check out Puzzle Island...interesting book that requires unjumbling names of animals and finding their pictures hidden in the complex illustrations on each page. There's more decoding to the story, as well. www.toysofdiscovery.com

A day of adventure with her aunt she'll never forget!
Skiing,kayaking, or horseback riding,
Jewelry-making or a pottery class
whatever she would like to try.....
I think there's time before you hook her into the hair and makeup bit...
whatever it is, leave your kids home if you can.
enjoy time while you can...so many girls shut you out in the teen years.

Being a single parent of two, grandmother of three beautiful boys & aunt of quite a few nephews & nieces I've learned presentation matters. Have you considered folding 12 single dollar bills, each one, into a fan & either tape them to the outside of a birthday card or attaching them to 12 balloons? Your niece will not be the only one impressed. Another thought, I write poetry & happen to be a multi award winning poet as well, what I did for my oldest grandson was create a very colorful poem (with graphics to compliment his favorite cartoon character) each letter of his name had a 'quip' that rhymed with the next line. Titled "This Is ......'s Room". "Food for Thought". Hope I helped you.

gift cards to a store like target where they have lots of choices...also game stop if she like video, wii, ps games etc. lastly again a gift card for itunes or a movie theatre.
mom of a 14 yr , and 9 yr old girls

1 / 3