Ideas for 3 Yr Old Birthday Party in Tampa Area

Any good ideas for a fun birthday party for a 3 yr old boy? Would like to hold the party somewhere other than our home. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

The parks are always nice. Some have shelters that if you don't half to rent although hopefully now one gets there before you. There are some parks that the shelters are as low as $20 to rent. Free intertaintment that keeps them busy for a long time. The ceters that you can rent are nice but they can be costly.

Just a couple of weekends ago, we went to 2 parties...one was for a 3 year old and it was at Pump It Up (all inflatable stuff - slides, jumping things, etc...in the Westchase area) and the other one was for a 5 year old (but they do younger as well) at Gymboree in South Tampa. Gymboree does music or arts/crafts themed activities (this was for a boy, so they had a pirate theme) and then play time in the gym area as well. Personally, I preferred the Gymboree party because my son is 18 months old and was able to do more there than at the Pump it Up place.

KT

I would recommend with the weather getting nicer to go to Lettuce Lake Park. The fee to rent the covered shelter is $50 or so and there is one right next to the plan ground. Free entertainment. I plan on doing that for my son in June when he turns 4.

They are still little and it doesn't make sense spending a whole bunch of money at that age.

I had my daughter's 3rd birthday party at the Little Red Barn in Valrico. It is located on Bloomingdale Avenue, east of Lithia Pinecrest. There is a really cute red barn, as well as a petting zoo and a hay ride. My daughter's guest and their parents loved the party.

Try Pump It Up. We had my son's 4th birthday party there, and the kids have a blast. Their website is www.pumpitupparty.com.

Pump It Up! I know there is one in the Brandon area. Kings and Lumsden in the plaza they have a web site also.

Busch Gardens or Adventure Island. My 3 yr old lives for the trips!!

Temple Terrace Rec. Center (no you do not have to live there) allows you to rent out the gymnastics room and party room for 2 hours. The prices are really good. My son, 20 months, goes there weekly for open gym for his age. It is really fun, the kids get to use all the gynmastics equipment and little kid equipment.

Ok the two best birthday parties I have given my 6 year old were at Lowry Park Zoo, 3 may be a little young, and Pump it Up that was fun for everyone. A.

Here are parties that we've had that have been a success.

Pump it Up
Rolly Pollies (kids LOVED this one - it is on Hillsborough Rd)
Little Gym (back in TX, but I'm guessing the one here would be the same)
La Fleurs Gym (or any gymnastics place)- great for 3 yr olds w/lots of energy!
QZAR, Bowling & Skating (too little for these now, but that day will come!)

We did Old McMickeys farm, but it is gone now. I think up in LOL there is Grandmas something or other that is similar.

We went to a party at the zoo but it was geared towards older kids - they might have a more 3yr old friendly program. Same thing with the MOSI party - they did crafts and such that were for kindergarten / 1st grade (age of the party boy), but I'd think they could adapt to age of child.

If you want to supply all the fun, you can reserve the covered areas at parks... no clue how, but I've seen lots of parties at Lake Park and the one over in Oldsmar (Phillipi Creek or something like that)

Hi E.,
i'm a grandma and one of the best parties we have had for that age group was at dinosaur world in plant city. I have 6 grandchildern ages 4 to 10 so we have parties at all the "hot spots", this one was a big hit with kids and adults.
Hpoe this helps.
Grandma F.

Pump it up!!!!
http://www.pumpitupparty.com

We had our 3 yr old's birthday party there last June. The kids and the parents had a BLAST.

We went to a Gymboree party for a 2 yr old and my 1 yr old and 3yr old had a great time.