Ideas for 16Th Birthday Gift for Niece

Hi All:
My niece is about to turn 16 and I'm at a loss for what to get her as a gift. She is lovely, smart, beautiful and very talented (dancing, singing, acting) - an all around great kid. We got her a Tiffany charm bracelet in the past and she keeps it in a drawer (??). Does anyone have ideas for a unique, memorable gift to get for a girl on her Sweet 16? We want to spend around $100. Thanks for your ideas!

Thanks to everyone for your fantastic ideas!! My husband and I decided to take her to dinner and a show - definitely something she will remember. I am going to keep some of the other ideas for Christmas and next year's birthday - thanks!

Try a nice digital camera if she does not have one, I just upgraded my 16 yr old daughters @ Circuit City for $129.00 it's a Samsung Slimmed to perfection L200 10.2-Megapixel Digital Camera - Plum. You can view this camera on their website. It was reg. $149.99.

If she's into dancing, what about trying to get tickets for the Rockettes Christmas show? I would think for a dancer, that would be spectacular!

If she is like most 16 year old girls she probably has lots of "stuff". if she is in to dance and acting I think taking her to a Broadway show or concert and out to dinner would be a night she wouldn't forget.

I agree with "events". Wicked is a nice choice or another matinee that you could purchase a couple tickets and still invite the mom or her friend or just take her out beforehand. And she may even wear her Tiffany charm bracelet to her event! I know a friend who purchased tickets for "American Idol" when they came to town. Very cool! Good Luck!

While it's not 100.00 how about a pretty engraved key chain? (think drivers license at 16)
Does she wear earings? A nice set of good earings is always nice. Sorry I don't have other suggestions, when my oldest DD turned 16, it was all about cold hard cash or gift cards to her favorite stores.

If she is a dance/theatre buff, then taking her to a great show or ballet in the city might be something memorable -- and it won't sit in the drawer. 100 should just cover some matinee tickets, and a commemorative tshirt, program, etc. Find out if she's interested in live theatrical performances going on all over the city and suburbs.

Best,

S. K

I had posted a similar question a month or so ago. Had great responses such as something related to driving...special case for licesnse, auto kit (special key ring, maps, cables, tire pressure gauge, etc.), special birthstone ring or necklace, scrapbook (and papers/stickers) commemorating 16th year, take her to a special performance (musical, play, ballet, orchestra, game) that she'd really enjoy as an adult, Pandora charm bracelet which screws on and can be updated, another idea is if she is of a certain ethnic background a related necklace such as a Celtic knot, Italian horn, four-leaf clover, etc.

at her age, MONEY, after a certain age it does get alittle bit more difficult to pick out gifts. but teenagers love money to by themselves what they want. Hey , did you try asking her what she wants? that's another great idea.

get her a gift cetificate to go get her nails toes eyebrows done at 16 thats a great gift oh and a couple of movie passes gtg

Coach makes some cute "wristlets" and the girls that age in my family all put them on their Christmas/birthday lists. They also sell cute key chain/charms that you could add to it.
If you spend less than $100, maybe you could add a gift card or money inside the purse for spending.

At 16 she likely already has one, but what about a cell phone? Ipod Nano?

Since she keeps the bracelet in the drawer (silly girl-it's Tiffany!) I don't know if she's a jewelry person, but what about a nice pair of diamond stud earrings?

Best of luck!

1 / 3