Ideas

My 25 year old daughter is type 1 diabetic (since she ws 10). She has a 2 year old who has just found also has type 1 diabetes. We need ideas for something for her to drink with a low carb restriction. She keeps asking for juice but its too high in carbs. We want to stay away from sugar sub. (keep it healthy). Any ideas?

my hubby is a diabetic and knowing that my kids might have a higher chance of becoming diabetics we use crystal light. they have many different flavors. I also would add more water to the juicy juices.

I would recommend taking juicy juice and diluting it with water, half and half or one fourth juice to three parts water. It will cut the carbs, taste good, many flavors and its all natural, no artificial sweetenters or any high fructose corn syrup. Good Luck. You could try calling a dietician at a local hospital to see what information she may have as well.

C.: Well, I've been studying nutrition for about 9 years now - and to make the long story short - I wanted to find out who the "Big" guy was in my nutrition business - and so we sought him out. He flew in from Washington and showed our group and presentation - anyway he gave us a sample of this soap and neutralizer. I was thinking "No way!! I set it aside and my friend Jennifer and her family actually tried it. Her husband Dan had Diabetes, carpal tunnel, asthma and prostate problems. Anyway, she comes to my house 6 months later all excited saying "M., remember how Dan was so sick, guess what, it's gone --- everything!!! I was in awe and almost didn't believe her for a long time until I actually saw him and saw them helping hundreds of people with their health problems. Here you go. www.missdaisy.com. You're gonna love this!! The site has helpful tips on utilizing the products (how it normalizes your PH and your blood sugar is normalized) Also it rids your body of toxins and oxygenates you significantly!!

A dear friend of the family is diabetic and she goes to the natural food and health food stores. They offer a wide variety of foods for folks with all types of sugar issues. They offer low sugar natural fruit juices. Another thing she does is to regulate her blood sugar is to make sure she has some protein and fiber rich foods with her juice. The protein helps to balance the sugar.

We use Stevia in our house to sweeten things like coffee or tea, and I'll bet you could use it to sweeten things like kool-aid if you wanted to try it. We also dilute juice. My kids, ages 6 and 4, are fine with that. We have to be careful and monitor DD's juice intake because she would drink it all day if we let her, but we try to stick to the 4 oz. or less. Diluting it helps, and it means she gets less sugar. I don't know how closely you have to watch your GDD's sugar, so maybe even a little juice isn't an option. If not, then I would give Stevia a try.

would it be better to make juice yourself? like buy a juicer, you'd be able to get away from all the added sugars and even toss in some veggies for an added boost of goodness.

C.,

What about the light juice mixed with carbonated water? Also, Crylstal Light's orange drinks might do occassionally.

If you get 100% fruit juice and then dilute it with water, it should not be too bad to give sometimes.
You might want to check out Xylitol. It is a real sugar that doesn't raise insulin levels.
What you have to be real careful about is foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup, because it really messes with your body's ability to process the food.
You are smart to stay away from those artificial sweeteners. They are not good for anybody.

1 / 3