Icky Stains in Fiberglass Shower Bottom?

anyone know how to get those dirty looking stains off the floor of those fiber glass shower floors? I scrub and scrub and scrub w/bleach and it still looks dirty. We also have something that looks like a shadow of dirt on our porcelin tub i can't get out.

ideas? thanks

thanks for the ideas. vinegar and baking soda has helped but not totally. reluctant to try bar keepers friend (though we love it for the kitchen) since i heard its bad for that surface. I'm gonna try magic earaser too. THanks so much : )

HI there, I lived in a apartment complex before and had the same problem. Eventually I got fed-up and asked the maintenance man what they used. He told me they make a paste with water and Comet and let it sit for 15 min. then you rinse and give it a light scrub. It works like a charm and its very inexpensive. I hope this helps.

Bath Brite!! It's made for fiber glass. You can buy it at some grocery stores, "County Market", Walts, and in Schererville at MTS Supply ###-###-####. It's pink or clear and it smells like wintergreen. Use it full strength and let it sit for about 15 minutes. It takes off things that nothing else will! Like rust stains, and calcium build up, and other nasty stuff. I've used it for years. It comes in a little squirt bottle or by the gallon.

I had the same problem in my shower stall. I bought arm and hammer/bleach -sprayed the floor then let it sit for at least an hour. Then I took a sponge and scrubbed it off. The Works also seemed to help -especally for the toilet. A bristle brush just creates more scratched for the dirt to sit in. I think any cleaner with bleach will work. EIther way- just remember to open a window or turn on the fan- needs lots of ventilation when using the bleach or The Works.

try Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.....it workd well on the glass door, too.

I use a spray bottle full of lemon juice -- soak the tub and walls with it (you can also just rub half a lemon all over if you prefer). Let sit for 10 min or so. Make a paste of baking soda and water -- just enough water to make a paste. Smear the baking soda paste all over (on top of the lemon juice). Let sit for 15 minutes or so. Rinse. This takes all the gray stuff off the bottom of my tub even when it's really bad. My tub has that bumpy non stick surface that's really hard to clean.

try the magic erase for both.......we recently got rid of that nasty fiberglass shower & had a union worker that does side jobs, come in & tile our entire shower......now i can actually clean it & it sparkles......good luck

Baking soda and a fresh squeezed lemon. It is albolutely amazing for a white surface.

All the best,

I too have struggled and over worked my shoulders to get the dirt off. Someone please come up with a solution!!!!

1 / 3