I Think I'm Leaking (Amniotic Fluid) Went to the Hospital Last Night...?

I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid yesterday morning. I waited until the evening to go to the hospital to have it checked. By the time I got there they tested it and said it was nothing.

Again all night and this morning I've had little leaks that run down my legs. I'm wondering should I drive another 45mins to the hospital again? Yesterday when I went to the hospital it was at night and after I took a shower and I hadn't had anymore leaks.
Do you think this is what gave the negative result?

I'm curious if what i'm experiencing is fluid leakage or another fluid? It's clear and sometimes a little white but does not smell at all of urine. I'm 40w 4 days so... Just waiting for a sign.

Thanks all

I didn't go back. When I was at the hospital they did an ultrasound that said i'm ok on fluid.
I realized that it probably is urine. Doesn't mean i'm not scared to death that I could be wrong but i've just being paying attention to when it happens and its more like when I feel like I have to pee.
Appreciate your help ladies
:)

Call. Chances are it is just cervical fluid. It is always best to be over cautious with it though. If left too long and it is amni. You run the risk of infection.

9 years ago this happened to me.

I was 36 weeks pregnant and it started at 34. I thought I was peeing myself. When I went to the Dr - nothing - like you. At my 36 week check up - it happened in front of her....tested it and it was amniotic fluid.

3.5 hours later my son was born - with pneumonia and other health problems. he stopped breathing in front of me. GO WITH YOUR GUT!! DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!!

My son is now a healthy soon to be 9 year old boy - but the first year was TOTALLY horrible - his APGAR score was a 2. If that tells you anything. GO WITH YOUR GUT.

What you describe sounds quite suspicious. Wear a pantyliner or pad for awhile and see if it gets wet. If it does wear it to the hospital to get it checked. If it is a "high leak" where the fluid is leaking out from higher up and slowly making its way down, it may not be present in large enough quantities to get an accurate reading when they test it. If you bring "evidence" of what has been leaking out (via the wet pad) they may be able to get a more accurate result. Best of luck!

I would call your Dr. and get his/her opinion.

Very exciting! You are in the very early stages if labour and things should progress in a day or two. Have you had a 'show'? Small bit of blood or mucus? I had a slight bit of blood on the fri night b4 bed and leaking like you describe throughout Saturday then the contractions started Sunday just light on and off, went to hospital mon morning to check if waters had broken slightly and they said yes and would I like a membrane sweep to help things along otherwise I would need to be induced (the last thing u want) the next day. I said NO (no need for interference) went home and walked, cleaned, shopped and kept very active so the labour wouldn't slow down. At noon the contractions started getting more regular and morecpainful so got in car w hubby for 45 min drive and nearly ripped the door handle off the car, arrived at hospital at 5:30pm w babys head fully engaged and he was born at 6:10pm! Most amazing day if my life and absolutely loved giving birth! All the best and let it all happen, don't rush. Good luck

The day before I went into labor I thought my water had leaked. It wasn't a big leak. It was just enough to barely soak through the crotch of my jeans. I went into L and D. They checked it. Negative.

The next morning, I woke up at 5 and was leaking pretty bad. By the time we got to the hospital my pants and socks were soaked. They checked it, and it came up negative.

They said I had a "for-water" and that's what broke. Since I was leaking so bad, they broke the back one for me and I had my baby 7 hours later.

Maybe that's what's going on with you?

I don't know... I'd definitely go back... Or at least call the nurse line (It's free).

Im late responding so hopefully you've gone back. My water broke and they tested it in my OB office and said it wasn't. My doc and I knew different and when he look under the microscope he confirmed. So it's possible for the paper test to be wrong. Go with your gut, you're already past due, time to go in. Congrats :)

I hate to say this, but it sounds like you are leaking urine. It happens when the baby gets so big and presses on your bladder. The liquid doesn't have to be yellow or smell like pee for it to be urine.
You went to the hospital last night. Has your OB/GYN called you to follow up?
Are you having contractions at all?
I'm all for things happening naturally, but you should talk to your doctor and if it was me, which it isn't, I wouldn't go back to the hospital without knowing I would be going back home with a baby.
You are full term.
You're 45 minutes one direction from the hospital?
I would ask to be induced.
That's just my opinion. I work in the maternity ward at a hospital so I'm around babies being born every day with planned inductions and c-sections and the most important thing is a healthy baby and healthy mom.
At that distance, I just don't see how you can keep going to the hospital for leakage or if you're not sure you're in labor or not.
Your OB should be working with you to calm your fears or come up with a plan with you.
Again, just my opinion.
Call your doctor. They have an answering service.
If you're not in active labor now, they can get things in place so that next time you go to the hospital, you come home with your baby.

I wish you the best. You HAVE to let us know when the baby arrives!

Prayers and hugs!

1 / 3