12 answers

I Need to Find a Lady OB GYN Who Will See Me Without Insurance and Take Payments

I don't have insurance, am 45 and am having female issues that need attention. I need a yearly paps and need to find out what is wrong. I was quoted 353 dollars for the visit and paps and she did not even think that included the lab that checks out the results of the paps, not to mention, even getting to the female issues. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am in the Keller area and husband makes a fairly decent living, we just have more bills than money. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

What can I do next?

Featured Answers

You could try calling some of the local midwives, I know some of them do annual visits as well as the typical prenatal/birth stuff you would expect.


More Answers

What about getting a Unicare plan for just you? They are pretty cheap but with good coverage. We had to get one for my daughter for a couple years and it was wonderful. Rates were low (it was about $50/month) and covered everything a regular insurance plan would.
I don't know about taking payments but as others mentioned almost any Dr/office will take discounts when you pay out of pocket you just have to ask.

Hi K. -

I just responded about the fiber and MonaVie, but I also saw this posting. I have a friend that may be able to help you with health insurance. She is very caring and will do everything she can to find a plan for you - she only works with individuals and really small businesses. Her name is Lou Ann thomas and her number is ###-###-####. Let her know I sent you - she is also a fan of MonaVie!


Dr Moser in Grapevine took cash from me www.drmoser.net

Well, it sounds as though the OB part is not as important for you as a female specialist. I go to Karen Birdy in Southwest Fort Worth. She is a hormone specialist. She believes in a more holistic approach to balancing the body. I have been going to her for nearly 4 years. The hormones that she prescribes are not synthetic, but are derived from other animals and are much safer for your body. Her number is ###-###-####. Good Luck

Dr. Lungren is great. She is behind Lifetime fitness off of 2499 (flower mound). Might not be super close to you - not sure. I have seen signs that they take payments from patients, but dont have first hand experience in doing so. Her number is - ###-###-####.

Planned Parents will do the pap smear and other annual type exams for low charge.

I don't know if she does payments, but she's great. Amy Lungren in Flower Mound ###-###-####

I have been seeing commercials for a program at JPS called JPS Connections for people with no insurance. You may check into that.

I recommend using AmeriPlan. It's not insurance but discount medical - the negotiating for a lower cost has already been arranged by contract with AmeriPlan for members. Carla Tabbs, MD in North Richland Hills is an OB/GYN specialist on their provider list. You can get a medical plan for only $30/month or a medical plan that includes dental, prescriptions and chiropractic care for only $10 more/month. This includes everyone in your household, not per person. Discounts range from 25% to 50% and up to 80% on lab and dental. I use it and I really like the money I save. Check them out at www.Dental80off.com or call 1-800-324-0452. Hope this helps.

I don't know any OBs in the Keller area but I will tell you...
I have a Health Savings Account for my Insurance. Basically I only use my insurance for catastrophic coverage. That means that I pay for my medical expenses out of pocket. Many, if not all, of the doctors and labs that I use have a "self-pay" discount, you just need to ask. Pretty much if you pay yourself, they will discount any bill. For example, I got a bill for my epidural after my son was born, it was for $2200 - I called them and told them I would send them a check today if they gave me a discount - I ended up paying $900. When you do that you also need to make sure that they send you a bill or receipt with the new amount that was decided upon and once you pay make sure they mark it paid.
Sorry for the long ramble but many people just don't know that all they need to do is ask for the discount.
Good luck!

You could try calling some of the local midwives, I know some of them do annual visits as well as the typical prenatal/birth stuff you would expect.


You may also want to check into Certified Nurse Midwives who do lots of well-woman care, pap smears, etc. Jean Sala in Denton might be an option. There's also a Certified Nurse Midwife group who practice in Fort Worth. Here's their website. http://www.nurse-midwife.com/contact.htm
Though the main part of their practice is for pregnant mamas, don't let that scare you off! They'd be great options!

Required Fields

Our records show that we already have a Mamapedia or Mamasource account created for you under the email address you entered.

Please enter your Mamapedia or Mamasource password to continue signing in.

Required Fields

, you’re almost done...

Since this is the first time you are logging in to Mamapedia with Facebook Connect, please provide the following information so you can participate in the Mamapedia community.

As a member, you’ll receive optional email newsletters and community updates sent to you from Mamapedia, and your email address will never be shared with third parties.

By clicking "Continue to Mamapedia", I agree to the Mamapedia Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.