I Need Mixed Race Childrens Hair Product Suggestions!

I have 2 little boys 4 & 6 with beautiful curly hair. They are 1/2 black 1/2 white. They tend to get dry hair in the summer and other seasonal times. (one child a little worse than the other He also has a tighter curl) I want to find something that will keep the curls soft and a good hold. Seems like at the end of the day it looks so tasseled and on the dryer side . Any suggestions? When they get out of the shower and I set it and it drys their hair looks amazing. How do I keep it that way???

I have a 1/2 Black and 1/2 Filipino son with similar hair and what I use is Carol's Daughter Hair Balm $12 at Sephora.

A product called Mixed Chicks is wonderful. You can find it on the Internet . It will do exactly what you want ! Good luck

Only wash their hair once a week unless they go swimming. I have the same type of hair and I notice the more I leave it alone the better it gets.

I'm going to make this brief, I don't have bi-racial kids but they both have bi-racial hair including myself if that makes sense. We use different products depending on if it's for my daughter or my son but ultimately get the same results. www.Curlz.com has a great kids line that I use on my 3 yr old son that has curly locs down his back and curl jealousy works on all three of us. We also use another brand of product by carols daughter it's the hair milk for my fine curly hair. Both have websites check them out and good luck.

i make a product called "natrique (TM)" which is completely natural and provides moisture through jojoba, aloe and glycerin, and hold through natural plant gums. our whole family uses it (we are all mixed race). it is nontoxic, aromatherapeutic and affordable. my business is called supanaturals and i work out of my home doing special orders. call ###-###-#### if you'd like to try some!
R.

My boys are multiracial as well. I've got one with big curls and two with the tighter African-American curl pattern. For all of them, I use Enemy of the Frizz by Collective Wellbeing. Less for the big curls, more for the tighter ones. It's light and does a great job of holding the curl pattern. You can also use the Frizz Ease-type products. They're designed to maintain the curl and minimize frizz. You probably already know this, but don't comb or brush their curls after their shower or bath. If you need to detangle, comb it while it's wet and then rewet to get the curl pattern set again.

Good luck! Mine are 6, 6 and 3, I'm living the same insanity that you are. What a blast!

You may want to try a product called 'Mixed Chicks'. They have a leave in conditioner that is suppose to be great for all curly hair, but it specializes in interracial hair...hence the name Mixed Chicks

I recommend using Carol's Daughter products. They are all natural and do not have mineral oil or parifin in them. Ingrediants that are not good for the growth of hair --especially African American hair. Website: www.carolsdaughter.com and the products are sold at Sephora as well. Although Sephora does not carry all the products. My daughter has similar hair to what you are describing above, we use the Hair Milk, Black Vanilla Leave in conditioner and Some of Marguerite's Magic. The Hair Milk is a must --easy to work with and light. You may have to get samples and try some of her other products for kids until you find the right combination for you. Take a look at the website and read about her and the product lines. Hope this helps.

Try Kiehls "Creme with Silk Groom" I am not mixed, but have coarse, dry very curly hair, and this makes it soft. Best put on when wet, and let to dry naturally.

The boys sound like a lot of fun. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Don't wash their hair daily. If frequent washing is required due to them getting dirty while playing, you MUST use some type of cream based conditioner EVERY time you wash their hair.

2. There is a new product that I think is called "Mixed Girls" or "Mixed Chics". You can for sure buy it at The Beauty Center store, but I bet you can find it other places. I have not tried it, but the girl at the beauty supply said she really thinks it's great.

3. A great reasonably priced hair cream that can be used daily is called Vitapointe. I swear by this stuff and it has been around for years...tried and true!! They definitely need some type of hair cream or oil in their hair on a regular basis to keep it shiny and moisturized.

Good luck!!

check out www.mynaturalhairstore.com. They have great products that you will love!

1 / 3