I Need Ideas for Prizes to Give Out to Winners at Baby Shower!!

Hello everyone! I am throwing a shower in August. I need some help deciding what to give to people who win games at the shower. The thing is I cant afford extravagant gifts...I plan on having 3-4 games, including "Dont say Baby", Baby shower Bingo, Dirty Diapers, and possible Baby shower Scramble. If anyone has any ideas please help me out!! Thanks ahead of time!!

What we did at my shower was have lucky bamboo on the tables as decorations and gave out the plants as prizes at the end of the party. I got the plants, vases, and glass beads/rocks for the bottom at the dollar store so each prize cost less than $3. It is fun for me to see the bamboo at people's houses all these years later!

I think gift certificates are great. Just $5 for starbucks or something simple like that.. that way the guest can get what they want; and everyone loves when something they want doesn't cost the full price.

Hi! At my baby shower Me and my sister bought bottles and put a few things from the $1 store you could fill it with nail polish and finger nail files cute things like that.Everyone on here has realy great ideas think I will have to use a few.Hopes this helps you.Take care.

I just did my sister's shower in August, and we just got bath and body sets from Bath and Body works. If you get the travel ones, they are less than $7 a piece!! Those were a huge hit. We also had a couple bunches of flowers in cheap vases :). Good luck!

There is nothing I love more than getting something simple that I don't buy for myself. Lotion, a candle, even a cute picture frame. Michaels' always has $1 bins with really cute memo pads and note cards! Even though it's just a dollar, it's a big day when I treat myself. Mom guilt I suppose. Have fun!

I like practicality - $5 gift cards to Starbucks, ice cream, book store, etc.

I hosted a baby shower a few months ago and I spent about $30 at Bath and Body Works. I looked for sale items. I too had 4 prizes. I had a small candle, lotion, lip gloss, and mints in each prize bag.

K.~

Most bookstores have bargain tables ($5 or less)with a large variety of books suitable for different tastes: poetry, cooking, gardening, seasonal decorating plus fiction. If you have a Tuesday Morning store in your area, you will find great prices on everything from cute mugs (fill with candy and wrap with colored cellophane), note cards, potpourri and satin pillowcases to the more practical accessories for home and travel. Candles, spa/bath products, movie tickets and gourmet treats are all good choices, with most being available for less at a warehouse store like Costco.
I like to get a few extra prizes in case there's a tie or a need to reward "best effort." Here's what I do to take the pressure off of selecting the "right prize" for the winner: I wrap all the prizes and put them in a pretty, decorated basket and when it comes time to reward the winner, I let her choose from the basket of wrapped prizes. I've actually had 2 guests admire each other's prizes and end up exchanging them at the end of the party! Much better than if I had presented each with something they weren't thrilled with and felt they had to keep.
Good luck and enjoy your party!

1 / 3