I Need Craft/game Ideas for Daughter's 7 Year Old Birthday Party for 4-5 Kids

I'm not going to do the big party this year, just a few kids and some parents. I would love to get ideas about some small crafts and games for a handful of kids 1st and 2nd graders. Prehaps someone could reccommend a website or have some related experience to share. I'd be grateful, thanks!

The party was a hit! We did a tea party theme and some little crafts and games, I found a heart-shaped mold for little cakes and let the kids decorate themselves. The kids had a blast! Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond, so many original and helpful ideas!

I went to a homeless shelter at Christmas and we had cupcakes and had the kids decorate them, also we had a box that fit construction paper. We first put a piece of construction paper in box, then squirted in three differant colors of kids paint, then had a handful of marbles and had the child move the box all differant directions to make a design with the paint on paper. They loved it. Each child can make one or more. Let them dry and they are proud of them. Also you can take graham crackers pretzels gumdrops and icing and make reindeers. They can eat them.Just a few ideas.

Try the Family Fun website. Lots of easy things. Also, what I did for my daughter when she was that age, we painted clay flower pots (from Michaels...they have every size from teeny to huge) and planted flowers in them. We must have planted the flowers first, to make it easier. We also made necklaces from thin ribbon and decorative buttons.

How about a tea party theme? When you send the invites, have the girls dress for a tea party. Then you could have them decorate craft store/party store straw hats with feathers, "jewels" and flowers, make necklaces out of sparkly, girly beads, and frost the cookies they're going to eat at their party (use old tshirts to protect their dress-up clothes). If you want, you can have them decorate foam frames for 4x6 photos and send each girl a photo of herself in her party finery when you send out thank you cards...

Last year for my daughter's 7th birthday I rented a jump house - (about $75.00) and set up a craft table for them as well with those sticky foam art crafts (door hangers, etc from Michaels or Target) that kept them entertained for the whole time. We also played freeze dance. The jump house is always a big hit and you won't need anything else with that! I had done it the past 3 years.

If you just want to do games, you can do art with crayons/paints and papers/paper plates and some fun art supplies (puff balls, puff paints, glitter and glue...) make masks, freeze dance, musical chairs, dress up dance party, etc. Instead of doing a cake, you can do cupcakes and let them decorate their own to kill some time as well!

Hope this helps! I love throwing parties for my daughter - we have had quite a few - birthday, summer, halloween, etc! At this age they think it is cool when you are a part of it as well :) Guess we need to take that while it lasts!!

We still love the frame with glued (Elmer's glue) shells on it from one of our kid's birthday parties. (This may be too fancy, but...if you have a digital camera and printer, you could take some photos and print them out on the spot for the kids to put in the frame.) You can buy big plastic containers of shells at Michael's Art Supply or one of the craft stores.

Familyfun.com is a great source of crafts. My son went to a 7 yr old's party where they did shrinky dinks and turned them into keychains--the kids loved it. There's always cookie decorating if the group is small enough--you can have ziploc bags all set with different colors of frosting to make it easy. I think it's always fun if the kids have something to take home from the party.
Hope that's helpful!

We did a treasure hunt. We had a pirate theme....but it wouldn't matter..The kids had soooo much fun.

I went to a website that organized the whole treasure hunt it was so easy and inexpensive for a game.

The website is www.treasure-adventure.com

There are all sorts of different ones to chose from and you just pay and get it downloaded into your email.

Hope that helps. I hope you do it I can't believe how much fun they had!!

A.

How fun! Well, my name is J., and I am an artist, so this is a fun area for me. My kids are too old for these ideas now...How about getting a wide roll of butcher paper and rolling out a sheet for each girl long enough to lay down on. Then trace each girl's outline of her body as she lays on it, and their project is to finish the picture however you see fit. You can provide paint, markers, glitter (go for it, Mom!) yarn for hair, pipe cleaners for glasses, construction paper for whatever, material for clothes, all kinds of glue, anything that sounds fun. Then the ideas to provide: "Make a portrait of yourselves in the future!" They can show what they will look like as moms, doctors, teachers, veterinarians, anything! Have fun! J.

My son is 16 now, but when he was 5 we made gold paper crowns for his party. Get some heavy gold paper with metallic finish , cut it into 5 inch wide sections and long enough to fit the children's heads . Cut a serrated pattern on one edge. Custom fit the crowns on each child's head,make a mark , remove the crown,then staple. Find decorations, like glitter that will dry fast , because they will want to wear them immediately!

1 / 3