I Need an Excellent Dishwasher! Anybody LOVE Their Dishwasher?

Hello ladies!

My hubby and I are FED up with our POS of a dishwasher!! We are looking forward to buying a new one with our tax refund next week and want desperatly to get a good one! We bought a middle of the road, pricewise, one a couple years ago and it sucks so bad, its pitiful. We usually buy all of our appliances at Sears, but that doesn't have to be the case. Our current one is a Whirlpool Gold. My huuby wants one that DOES NOT have the silverware holder on the door. When we bought our house 8 yrs ago, mind you, it had a really old one, that was super loud, but worked great. It was an AMANA brand and looked like it was from the 70's :) I just want it to work and not leave lil' bits of gunk on everything, at this point I am okay with spending @ $600-$700 on one that will work great and last a long time...I dont even care how quiet it is!

I eagerly await your replies! Please feel free to tell me about yours if it sucks so we dont buy that one!

Thank you ladies

Dang it! My hubby was right...we are going to have to up the budget. How about the pros and cons to the dishwashers with drawers?

Thoughts?

We have a Kenmore quiet guard that works quite well and has many functions. You can vary the water temp., power, and cycle lengths and drying temp. It has two washing spinners, one on top and on bottom and you don't have to worry about blocking anything on the bottom with large pans. The silverware holder on the bottom rack and can be taken out to accommodate even larger plans or more dishes. It works well and is relatively quiet. We'd recommend it.

I wish I had one to recommend, but mine falls into the "sucks" category. It's an Asko D3122. I wanted a QUIET dishwasher and thought that all Asko diswashers were quiet. It is more quiet than my old Whirlpool, but not as quiet as I would like. The exterior is cheap and plasticky. You should be able to find a much better washer for the $800 we paid. (ugh) It seems to clean just fine, but just not worth the money.

Good luck! I am looking forward to seeing the other responses. :)

I too love my Bosch. It came with our home. I love how the space is organized in it for loading and it is amazingly quiet!!! I have forgotten that it is on sometimes and open it up in midcycle, which doesn't make a mess at all if that ever happens. It's great. I'd get one again in a minute! You can look online at consumer reports for a small fee. When making a big purcase like this, it is worth paying a little money to find out from the experts which is best for your needs and budget! I don't usually rinse my dishes (my husband does) but they come out clean every time! Good luck!

We have an Electrolux dishwasher and it is very quiet. Maybe a little more than what you want to spend. It has adjustable racks and you can move the silverware holder where ever you want. The also has many adjustments to accomodate larger pans.

Some friends of your got and Maytag Jet III(I think), it may have been the II model. I was standing right next to it and could barely here it run.

We just remodeled our kitchen so we looked at many dishwashers. You can go online and look at specifics before driving around to all the stores. You may want to look at the decibals if you are looking for a quiet one.

I have a kitchen aid and love it. The silverware compartment is along the side of the basket and I love it. I can fit two full size plates side by side. Best dishwasher I have ever had. I also love that it has a delay feature on it, so I can set it to wash dishes when we have gone to bed. It is the best.

We just replaced our old appliances and I read up on consumer reports and am glad I did. I am completely satisfied with my Kenmore appliances. I did the research and it payed off. I bought them all based on the best rated dishwasher I could find, and I love my new dishwasher. It has tons of features and fits right into your price range.
http://www.consumersearch.com/dishwasher-reviews
There is the link to read the reviews, it is model#13742, but when I went into Sears, they knew which one I was talking about and took me right over to it. They said it is their most popular model. So far it lives up to the hype. I have no complaints, I love it!

I LOVE my dishwasher but it cost more than the range you listed. Mine is a Meile. It's super quiet, water efficient, and runs with just a teaspoon of detergent so I save money there. The cool thing is the silverware is actually on a third tray at the top of the dishwasher so no space wasted for the basket, it's all spread out for better cleaning, and no bending over to load and take out those small things. I can even lay sippy cup valves and other small items up there so no basket needed for those either. Meile is known for having a custom line where you pick all the 'parts' of the dishwasher. I bought their 'economy' version with the insides and door design pre selected and assembled.

The one item with this machine is there is a filter at the bottom that need to be cleaned each month. If it's neglected then the machine doesn't work properly.

Good luck with your search.

ok i don't absolutely LOVE my kitchenaid but it works very well. we had a bosch at one point and i find the kitchenaid cleans just as well, tho it's a bit louder and i can't fit 2 dinnerplates side-by-side as i could in the bosch.

my neighbors had HORRIBLE problems with all of their GE appliances so i am very wary of their products. they had a stove, dishwasher, AND frig go out on them and had them replaced several times before they gave up and brought another brand.

1 / 3