I Need a Sugar Cookie Recipe Without Eggs!

I am looking for a sugar cookie recipe without eggs. My daughter is highly allergic. If you have made the cookies that would be great! I googled a recipe, made them today, and they are AWFUL !! :(

Here is a link that my husband found for me. I have been searching for a way to make cookie dough truffles without using eggs. Anyway, I haven't tried it yet but here is the link: http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/11/frugal-egg-su...

Let me know how it works if you try it.

1 lb. butter
2 c. sugar
3 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt

Cream together butter and sugar. Sift dry ingredients together and mix into creamed mixture. Roll into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press slightly with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.

Hope this one works for you.

Let me know how it works if you try it.

This is for a Scottish shortbread cookie. It's the closest thing I have to sugar cookies that doesn't have the eggs. HTH. It's very good.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in with your hands lightly 2 1/2 cups flour just until blended. Don't over mix or it will get tough.

Pat into and ungreased 13x9 pan or two 8" round or square pans. Prick lightly with a fork and sprinkly with sugar. Bake 30 minutes-it doesn't brown. Cool slightly, then cut.

Hi J. -

My daughter is also allergic to eggs. I don't have a sugar cookie recipe without eggs, but I can give you some info that may help. First of all, there is a brand of foods called Cherrybrook Farms that has a bunch of eggs free mixes - pancakes, sugar cookies, cakes, etc. (My daughter almost lost her mind when I was able to make pancakes for her!) They have them at Kroger's in their special food section (ask them - ours is in the very front of the store...) Second of all, there is a product called Egg Free. It is a powder that you mix with water and you use it in place of eggs. You can make almost anything that requires eggs with it and they taste great! I've never made cookies with it, but I've made pancakes and alot of cakes...

Please let me know about any tips you know about eating egg free... I would really appreciate any hints, ideas or recipes!

My son is also egg-allergic. I have bought Ener-G egg replacer, and it contains no eggs. I use it in place of eggs in any regular recipe. So far, I've made pancakes, cheesecake, muffins, and cookies. Of course, you cannot try to make an omelette, but they have a recipe with a quiche on the box.
http://www.ener-g.com/store/detail.aspx?section=8&cat...
I found mine at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage at Coit & Campbell in Richardson, but I'm sure it's at Whole Foods too.

I have an awesome recipe, but, of course, it has eggs. Can your daughter eat egg substitute? If so, let me know and I'd be happy to give you the recipe. :)

I use egg replacement powder. I've seen it at Sprouts, Central Market & Kroger in Denton. I think its cornstarch?? Anyway, you mix it with water and you do that in place of eggs.

Cherrybrook Kitchen (sold at Whole Foods, some Targets, and some Kroger in the healthy section) has a great sugar cookie mix that is egg and dairy free. My kids love it.

1 / 3