I Need a Larger Swaddle Blanket

My daughter is almost 6 months old and still loves the swaddle. We are using the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle in size small and she is really too big for it. A friend at work told me that this particular brand comes in a size 'medium" but I am unable to find it. Anyone have any suggestions on the next size up in swaddle blankets?

When my "houdini" got to big for regular swaddle blankets but still liked being swaddled, I used these stretchy blankets by Carter.

They were perfect. Stretchy enough to swaddle but still large enough.

When my guy got to big for a swaddler, I just wrapped him up in a regular sized, light weight baby blanket. Now, its his lovey :)

We could only find them up to 9 months in any brand.

http://www.swaddledesigns.com/ are the best! i love these and always give them as gifts. they are so great the company actually made adult swaddles. they are on the expensive side but i had three for my son that were neutral and i now use them for my daughter ( 4 months old).
they are great to use as a breastfeeding cover or carseat cover. They come in different fabrics. i just love them. they are huge!

Receiving blankets are so small and basically useless unless used on a preemie. So, someone made me a large blanket. It's easy. Go to the fabric store and pick out a pretty fabric and get the size you need. Don't worry about sewing if you can't sew but the person who made me the blanket just put a stitch all around the fabric to keep it from fraying. It can't cost too much and you can choose whatever pattern/design you like. Just a thought....

Mommywrappings Boutique
www.mommywrappings.etsy.com

The receiving blankets are super sized for even older babies. I swaddled my son with them until he was a year and a half- and he was no shrimp!
HTH

I loved the Aden & Anais muslin blankets. they are huge and light so they don't get hot

My last son was the same way. I got the mega woombie. Love those things. http://www.woombie.com/the_original_woombie.html The Mega size goes up to 25lbs

1 / 3