I Need a Bra Tutorial!

I have nursed four babies and am as flat as a woman can be, please don't judge, but I've decided now to have an augmentation (a modest one, I only want what I had in High School). Here's my problem, I've worn padded size A bras for years and they are lumpy and dent in the middle. I will throw them out when I become a size B, but then what?? What kind of bra should I buy? Do thin ones show what's underneath? Are push-ups uncomfortable? That is the extent of my bra knowledge and I need help! What can you tell me?

Go to Victoria's secret. They can help you find just the right one. my favorite are the full coverage lightly lined cotton ones, but I am very busty. They have a ton of super cute ones for those who need less support. Have fun!

Just wanted to say that Nordstrom's is the best fitting like many others have said. You can take that info and go to other stores, but they are SO helpful at Nordstrom. They are expensive though, so sometimes I go and get all the fitting info and type recommendation, buy one there and then go somewhere and spend less $ on a few more.

I found great bra help... at Nordstrom's. By the sales clerks there.
Or try any good department store.
GOOD quality padded bras... should NOT get lumpy.

I wear the Calvin Klein brand. Love it. Their t-shirt bras.

Yes, thin bras will show the nipple underneath and under your clothes.

And always wash your bras... in a net lingerie bag, in the washer.

all the best,
Susan

You need to go to a lingerie store, or a dept store with a good quality lingerie dept. Make sure you get measured so you'll know what size to get. Then select lots of different styles in your size. When you try them on, move around, bend over, stretch, jump up and down, the movements you make in everyday life. Then put your shirt on to see how the bra looks with your clothing.

Pick out 2 or 3 styles you like and only buy one of each style. Then put it to the real test. How does it work in real life? Once you find one or two styles that work for you, wait for a sale and stock up.

You do NOT need push-ups.
Ask me in a private message if you'd like me
to expand (heh heh) on this opinion.
Browse some of the bras online to see all the kinds of styles.
Also, if you're near a (what we used to call) good department store --
Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc. -- they have "fitters",
women who will measure you, ask you questions.
You could go in and ask a fitter to help you.
You don't HAVE to buy what she's selling
but she'll recommend different possibilities.
Do you have any close friends who look approximately the same size
as you expect to be? If so, perhaps you could ask one or two of them
what they wear and why they like them.
Brands I have liked over the years include
Bali, Warners, Fruit of the Loom, some (not all) Playtex.
I've heard Wacoal is very good but they are very very expensive.

You'll need to do fittings and try them all. For different body types and different people (even with the same body type), different bras feel better.

Personally, I like an underwire demi with thin/non stretchy straps. And I like lace. They are the single most comfortable / don't know I'm wearing one/ wear it for 24 hours / keeps the girls where I want them kind of bras. For others with my exact same cup size they may hate underwire, or demis, or thin straps, or non stretchy straps.

I highly recommend Nordstroms for fittings. They have the BEST fitters of anywhere I've ever been, anywhere in the country.

I went bra shopping on black friday...I have nursed two kids and I haven't worn a bra in over 4 yrs (I'm small and would wear tank tops with built in support). SO. Go to a big department store or lingere shop (I went to Victoria's Secret) and have a sales person fit you. I was measured and told the sales lady what I wanted (a pushup) and that I didn't wear bras. I tried them all on, the sales lady checked the fit for me in the dressing room, and I bought two FANTASTIC bras that are the most comfortable things ever! BUT I would never have figured it all out w/o professional help! Good Luck and have fun!

Body by Victoria... not padded, but just enough substance there to not show when you are "cold". And no frilly lace or bows or weird seam lines either that would otherwise look lumpy under a shirt.

Underwire bras have been recently linked to breast cancers and tumors in the medical journals, so I stay away from those.

Victoria Secrets, Nordstroms... all do bra fittings which can help you find what you need. I'm going to guess though, you wont know your true size until a while after the augmentation due to swelling and such.

1 / 3