I Hear My Heart Beat in My Left Ear

I can often hear my heartbeat in my left ear - usually when I bend down, carry something, go up the stairs, vacuum or whenever I get my heart rate up. I think it may be the beginnings of an ear infection. I really don't want to use any over-the-counter stuff. Any good suggestions for herbal/home remedies?

I see my OB next week and am going to ask her about it - just looking for advice a little sooner!

I had no pain involved with my ear - just a little "clogged" feeling. Turns out - everything is fine - it isn't as loud as it was. My blood pressure is at a normal level. I am just going to live with it for the next couple of months and then it should go away.

Thanks for your help!

The same thing happened to me with my first pregnancy. I also had ringing in one ear for the first few months after the baby was born. I went to a specialist and everything was fine and then it just went away. When you're pregnant you have so much extra fluid and I think that may contribute to it ??

Carol,
I have had the same problem on occasion. My sister just tried ear candling and it has helped already!! The "ear candles" create a vacuum and draw out excess wax from the ear. People have seen many benefits including reduced sinus pressure, hearing improvement, reduction in vertigo symptoms, and reduction in strange noises like you're having. It's a very simple and relaxing process, but you'll need your husband or friend to actually do the candling since you'll be lying down and won't be able to watch it burn down completely. You should be able to get the candles and instructions at a natural food store or bee apiary nearby your home.
Good luck!!

garlic oil in your ear- you can get capsuls and break one open, then turn your head to the side and let a drop or two make its way all the way into your ear canal. I have used this on myself and on all my children- very safe, no pain, a little tickly sometimes. But never ear infections after the initial dos in the ear. good luck.
C..

Have you ever had ear infections before?? Does your ear hurt?? Sometimes, you can hear your heartbeat in other areas of you body, especially when pregnant, since you blood supply is so much greater than prior to pregnancy. If you are thinking you have an ear infection, you may want to see your primary doctor, they have an otoscope to look into your ear. Good luck and hope you feel beter.

I would totally talk to your doctor... it could be a sign of really high blood pressure, or something else wrong. However, in my case, that happens when I am really stressed and my TMJ is acting up because I am clenching my teeth at night.

Take care.

Sounds like an ear infection. Happens to me everytime. It could also be ear wax build-up. There is an over the counter ear drop called Debrox you should try. It helps with ear wax build-up.

Hi, C.. I used to hear my heartbeat in my ears sometimes when I was pregnant, too. If your ear actually hurts, then you might have an ear infection. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hello. If you think it's an ear infection, you can put hydrogen peroxide in your ear or something called collodial silver. Both are natural remedies. Hope that helps.

1 / 3