I Had My Tubes Tied, but My Period Is Late.

I had my tubes tied after my 4th child on 8-18-08, since then my period has been consistent every month. It has never been late and as of today it is 9 days late. I don't think I am under any more stress than normal. I have no idea what is going on, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I got my tubes tied with my last child and about 8 or 9 months later i skipped a period. I was scared so i took a test cause i am never late, i mean never late. It was negative and my dr said that since my tubal my cycles might change. Sometimes i skip a period every once in awhile and i dont stress about it anymore. I wouldn't worry just take a test but i don't think you are pregnant...good luck and keep us posted

You are obviously very fertile. So was I! I waited until I was 35 to have my tubes tied....it lasted 7 mos. before I got pregnant again. It's really not as uncommon as I thought it was. My dr. said it happens to like 1 in 400, information she gave me, AFTER I got pregnant! After giving birth, I had my tubes removed this time. 3 years later....so far so good!
Good luck and always get a test if your worried about it. Even the cheapie dollar store ones will ususally work if you are.

I have heard of women having ectopic pregnancies after having a tubal. Your period could be late because of stress and many other reasons. I would take a test just to make sure. If you have any pain go to the doctor right away.

Get a doctor to check you. Years ago-and I mean years-maybe surgical procedures weren't truly perfected yet- a woman told me that she had had a tubal and her husband had ahd a vasectomy. They got pregnant. Beyond the fact that this may have an act of God, things like this can happen. You need to check on this. Later,

Take a home pregnancy test. It is better to be on the safe side then not to know. You can also have a tubal pregnancy. Is so, you need to get to the doctor ASAP. But do the pregnancy test first.

I had my tubes tied in 03' after my 3rd child. June of 2008 I got pregnant and miscarried. Learned that my right tube had grown back a small amount. Since then I have had 2 more miscarriages. The last one ended in a ectopic pregnancy that was ended at 10 weeks through emergency surgery. After the first miscarriage I was heart-sick and devastated. Thinking that we could get pregnant we tried and ended up more devastated. I am now going to have a reversal in the spring. good luck, and go get a test.

Sounds like you are stressing about not having your period. Sometimes we don't realize we are stressing more than normal....if you haven't seen your GYN dr then maybe a visit will help. I had mine tied recently & I stress out every month when it's that time! Lol just because I'm paranoid about "what if I can still get pregnant!"

Ok if you want to take a test that's fine, but I was similar to you in my case. I had first at 18 and 2nd at 21 and 3rd at 22 while on birth control and then had my tubes tied. That was 22 1/2 years ago. My periods were never regular after that and I cramped a little more before they started. Give your doctor a call and see what he/she has to say about it. I don't regret ever having my tubes tied, it was a great decision for me. Now I'm 45 and almost through menopause, may not be related to tubaligation but it is awesome to feel well and have grown children and some day soon granchildren to enjoy. Best to you and your family. From someone who understands 3 kids under3 yrs (in my case)it's tough but it will go by so fast and my grown kids are 25,24,221/2 and are so close now, it's really a blessing. Hang in there!!!

G. M.

1 / 3