I Feel like I Am Getting a Cold- How Can I Stop It- Naturally- No Meds

Hi Ladies,

I feel like I am getting a cold- my husband has been sick with one for the last 10 days and my son is coming down with it too- I am having symptoms and would like to do all I can to prevent it for my son as well as myself. I can't take any cold medicine- I am allergic so does anyone have any homeopathic remedies or specific foods etc I should eat? I have started taking cold calm which is homeopathic, but I would love some other suggestions. My main symptoms are: sore throat, sniffles, slight cough and achiness. Please help with your suggestions!

Thank you,

Hi Ladies,

Well, I got the cold pretty bad. Thank you for all of your suggestions- I am doing your suggestions! I appreciate it so much!

~ Airborne
~ Echinacea Tea 3 times a day
~ Zinc, Echinacea & Vitamin C drops (with throat lozenges at target)

For next time. Good luck!

Founder
www.theparentpack.org

~ Airborne
~ Echinacea Tea 3 times a day

For next time. Good luck!

Founder
www.theparentpack.org

Take Airborne ASAP.

Wash organic lemon or two, thin slice it with skin, layer it in the glass jar with sugar and eat, a lot.(real, raw honey even better, but I don't like the taste, I never eat sugar, but can't eat this with honey, it taste so good with sugar). It's good for many reasons, but your throat should feel instant relive.
Also boiled, very warm(almost hot) milk with a 1/2 tsp of butter and 1/4 tsp baking soda. Stir and seep help scratched from coughing throat. Don't do lemons and milk in the same time. Wait until it will be completely digested.

Raw or if not available frozen cranberry (whole or half bag) rinse with water, put into big pot, fill up 3/4 with filtered or distilled water. Bring it to boil, but not boil. Turn stove of as soon as berry start to pop up. Cover and let it stay and cool off. Drink it a lot, as much as you can enjoy, sweeten or not. It's great way to reduce temperature. But do it even if you don't have temperature. There is tons of vitamins that will help your immune system to fight the cold.

If your nose will be stuffed or you sneezing, soak your feet in warm-hot water with salt, or dry mustard. Repeat every day or more.

Coughing. Buy black radish. Wash it. Dry. Cut a little bit on the bottom (where were leaves)just so it will be able to stand. Cut a little bit more on other side (the end of the root) it will be a lid. Scoop out some of inside on the middle and put honey in there. In several hours juice will uprear you need to drink it with tea spoon, and continue to do so for next couple days until the radish pot will be dry, soft and wrinkled. Add honey as needed. You might want to make 2 radish so you'll have more "medicine" and drink it more frequently. When you will scoop black radish, keep in mind you want to have thick walls, but also you need a hole to put honey in. It's could be pretty tricky if radishes are small. It's hard to find black radish in the stores. Whole foods will have it the season. I usually buy it when I can and store in the refrigerator just in case. This is great for coughing.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions, I'll be glad to share what I know. (I never use med. )I have skype if you want to talk. Good luck.

Zicam nose spray is awesome stuff, i swear by it, it comes in different forms, and is very worth the money (around 12 dollars) i usually feel the symptoms leave in about 12-24 hours, and all better.
W.

My aunt used to alwasy tell us to take zinc tablets if we felt we aere coming down with something. SHe swore by them. Hope this helps!

These are wonderful non toxic and safe products that myself and family used for many years, Even on the babies. My website is http/oilgal.younglivingworld.com or you can call me for more info at ###-###-#### Its great to kick the cold out before it gets a chance to take over...
I have been working with alternative products for most of my life with great sucess. I hope this helps,K.
PS I have a class coming up on Aug 16th at 1:30, I can send you the flyer if you would like.All are invited.

Hi Molly,

Now that you've already come down with the cold, you want to support your body's ability to heal quicker. Be sure to get extra rest - go to bed early, nap with your son if possible. Drink lots of extra fluids (not sodas, black tea or coffee as those are dehydrating - go for water, herb teas, juice). Eat nourishing light foods rich in antioxidants, such as fruits and veggies, especially berries and dark leafy greens. Hot herb teas and hot homemade chicken noodle soup or homemade vegetable soup will help clear mucus. Add lots of garlic to everything you can! Take supportive supplements such as extra vitamin C, zinc nasal spray or swabs, and to support your immune system try Eluthero extract (Siberian Ginseng) - it helps the body deal with stress (from daily life or illness). Also very helpful for the immune system now and on an on-going basis is to take probiotics and antioxidants. My favorite probiotic is InLiven - it's organic and contains the full spectrum of healthy bacteria. My favorite antioxidant is "Berry Radical" - it's a powder to mix in with hot water (for a hot chocolate-like drink) or mix it in with fruit smoothies for a delicious health booster. Berry Radical is better than other liquid antioxidant drinks that start loosing their antioxidant properties once the bottle is opened. Berry Radical comes as a dried powder in it's own serving sized packets, so there is no antioxidant loss, and no artificial preservatives are used, and it's organic! (Other, reconstituted fruit juice liquid antioxidants require preservatives). You can purchase certified organic InLiven probiotics here: http://aromatherapist.mionegroup.com/en/product/15101
You can purchase certified organic Berry Radical antioxidant here: http://aromatherapist.mionegroup.com/en/product/15111

These are my favorite ways to stay healthy naturally - I hope they help you!

You know I have bascially the same thing.... bad body aches, stuff in my chest, coughing and very, very tired and my stomach feels kinda quezzy but, no vomiting or diaherra, also a scratchy voice but, not really a sore throat. I've had this since Monday and it's gotten worse, I usually don't get sick, it must be something going around. I finally went to dr. today because I was so tired of it and the body aches are really what get me. He just suggested I drink lots of liquid (orange juice is always good, lots of vitamin C) and he said steam for the conjestion. I quess it's just a bad, bad cold is what he said. I have never had this w/out it being the flu (which usually doesn't last very long) and honestly, I very rarely get sick. I have heard Airborne works but, I know you said you didn't want to take medicine so, probably lots of fluids and some R&R.... that's all I can suggest, probably not much help but, I was glad to read your request because I thought it was just me and your husband has had it for 10 days, that's crazy, I thought this was a long time for me..... quess it may be longer than I expected. Take care and good luck. C. R

1 / 3