I Don't Want to Eat...

The past few days my throat has been on fire (double ear infection)... but this morning, woke up, NOTHING HURTS! YAY!!

However, I still have no appetite, I guess from my throat being so stinking sore. Like yesterday, I ate 1/2 an egg and cheese biscuit, then FORCED myself to eat some soup... couldn't even finish it. I have no idea what I ate the day before, I was so ill. Today, I'm feeling sooo much better, but I'm still not hungry!

Does this ever happen to anyone else? I'm an eater, I love food, this is so not like me. Is my body telling me I'm still sick? Or... what? I know I have to eat something (it's almost 11am here, and I haven't had a thing), but nothing seems appetizing right now. What the heck?! I don't even want any of my favorite stuff right now, I'm just not hungry...

What gives?

Oh I'm still drinking water like I usually do (though it just about killed me the past 2 days)... I'm just not hungry, and that bugs me.

LOL TRACY K!! No kidding, I've been a wreck lately, haven't I?! I need some good juju! ;)

I'm so right there with you!

I've got a Dr's appt this afternoon because I can't even barely swallow. : ( My belly is grumbling... I'm so hungry.... But I cannot eat.

ooh girl!! your body is fighting something!!! STILL!!!

I would ensure that I stayed hydrated...drink water, gatorade or something like tea...no milk as it will gunk up your throat.

If you weren't 3 hours away - I would say I would make you some chicken noodle soup and bring it over...

try some chicken broth...

Sorry!! I'm glad you don't have a sore throat - but not eating isn't good either!!

you are still recovering. Loss of appetite is due to the fact that it takes tons of energy to digest stuff. Your body doesnt want anything in it yet because it's still fighting off the bug. Drink fluids, you'll be ravenous again soon enough.

You may feel better than you did....but your body is still fighting something.

This happens to me when I'm really sick....it takes a few days to get my appetite back. Just try to get yourself to eat a little something throughout the day. A little here and a little there as best you can.

Hope you feel ALL better soon!

I'm so right there with you!

You're just still getting over feeling ill, give it some time. I'd keep trying soup, or shakes, even ice cream, until you feel a little better. For me, when I don't feel well, the effort of chewing food is exhausting. So I opt for the stuff you basically just swallow. Keep hydrated, too. Sometimes I even get the Boost shakes or Slimfast and drink those because they have lots of protein and vitamins, which are important to strengthen your body. Hope you're back to feeling yourself soon!

Sometimes when I am so sick I lose my appetite, it takes a while to get it back after I am well.

I will go days and nothing sounds good and I wake up one day and only these two or three things sound good and it gets better from there.

When you feel like eating a specific thing, feed you appetite.

I'm afraid someone out there has a voodoo doll of you, Rach. You are too young and too healthy to be sick so often and have so many calamaties, accidents, aches and pains. Try an ensure, muscle milk, or slim fast to at least get the nutrition you need, until you have an appetite.

Get a juicer...and take some vitamins until your appetite resumes.

1 / 3