I Can't Get a Checking Account!

I am in a bad way financially and I have in the past let my account get overdrawn. I tried cancelling the account and paying what I owe in payments but the company refused. Now I am trying to get a new account at a different bank and because it is on my consumer report they will not let me. I live out in the country and have no vehicle to get anywhere. I need to be able to pay for things besides cash and I've tried uing a prepaid card but then I have to go into town to put the money on the card. Also, how am I supposed to cash checks? I have 2 checks that I can't even cash because the stores (walmart and heb) can't cash them. I don't understand.They have cashed my checks before! I am sick of having to use family's accounts to manage my money! It's so frustrating! Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get this resolved?

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded. I've put out requests before but never got any responses. thanks again and I will definitely take the advice given and search around to see the best option for me. I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and helping me out.

First Convience Bank or there is one in Walmart but cannot think of the name.. look for second chance banking.....
Hope this helps

sincerely

I can't help you with your checking question, but you've had many responses already. The thing I would be most concerned about if I were you is how to get in control of your finances. www.daveramsey.com is a very informative tool. Dave Ramsey has a radio talk show, and you can find the station in your area on his website. He also does a call-in talk show on FOX News each weeknight, and you can download his radio show podcasts. There's books you can buy, etc., but you don't have to spend any money to get his common-sense help. It's all very basic, very simple, but difficult because changing our behaviors and attitude towards money can be difficult. It's good, old-fashioned advice, such as...."if you don't have the cash to pay for it, you can't afford it." He will walk you through 7 Baby Steps to getting out of debt and investing in your future. He even has a 13 week class (that you pay for) to help. I have paid for several friends to go to these classes, and it changed their lives. Here's a tip: if you call in to his radio show (it can be hard to get through, so keep trying), he might give you the classes as a gift, or give you one of his books that outlines the steps to getting out of debt and tells inspirational stories from people who have done it. I got on his program (without spending a penny!) 7 years ago, and paid off over $30,000 in debt in 18 months. We have been debt-free except our house since then, and have paid cash for a gently-used less than 1-yr-old car, saved 6 months in expenses, and are investing in retirement, college for kids, and working on paying off our house. The house will be paid off in 4 more years. I can't wait to put that house payment into investments!!! Let me tell you.....I have not always been financially responsible, so if I can do it, so can you! Good luck!

I am in the banking business. For your immediate need of a checking account, I would recommend trying to get a checking account at First Convenience Bank inside Kroger on Rock Prairie Road. They do not do a credit check on you and they are known in the banking world as a "second chance bank". Keep that account in good standing always to build back up your credit. Make sure that the banker who opens up your account discloses all potential fees and ways to avoid fees. Make sure that you read all of the disclosures given to you so you understand. Meanwhile, pay off any bills that you can and don't be late on the bills that you make payments on.It takes awhile to build your credit back up, but it will be worth it to secure the future for you and your family. I work for a competitor bank so I have nothing to gain this. Good Luck!

Hi, A. I will definitely pray for you. I really hope your situation gets better. This is my first time responding to this column, I have been receiving these emails for a while now and I never really paid any attention until today. Although, I have not been in your situation before however I am in the financial planning business. There is something called second chance financing. Some banks will allow you to open checking account without doing a background check. I really don’t know the protocol but tell me what state and city you’re in and I can research some information for you. My email address is ____@____.com I can help you.

WOODFOREST BANK...I know it was said before but it's true. They have a second chance checking account. It's not a free account and yes for awhile until you're established there they will hold your checks for a week or so. My boyfriend has terrible credit due to his divorce and had to go that route. Good Luck!!!

I see you are from Elgin so the closest Woodforest to you is either Austin or Pflugerville

Go out and get a copy of your credit report and fix any problems on it. If you still owe this bank money , pay it, then they will clear your credit report of the monies owed and that might help you get an account.

I don't know of any bank that will let you open an account if you still owe another bank money from an account you overdrew. If you did pay it and they didnt take it off your credit report, call the credit reporting agencies and report it as paid and do what they say is needed to get it off your credit report.

Do you like the prepaid card? I just got one. I know it kinda of aggravating that the prepaid people do not take checks. They do take direct deposit or government checks but since I do not have a full time job. I like that you can never get overdrawn but I wish that they would set it up to take personal checks, etc.

Is it the bank that will not work with you in paying off the overdrawn charges? Just wondering. E-mail me and let me know what happens.

You might could go to a check cashing place to cash your checks.

Talk soon,

If you keep doing what your doing your going to keep getting what your getting.... MAKE SOME MONEY.... get to work... What do you do from home? try something different... i got a white mercedes in four and 1/2 months with my at home business and make as much as my husband does as a vetrinarian... it has helped our family so much.. with six kids... good luck... and if you want more info.. email me at ____@____.com

Not sure if it's too late to answer this question, but I saw this site that might help...Not trying to spam, just a suggestion. www.checking4everyone.com

1 / 3