I Am Needing Outfit Idea for 3 1/2 Month Old Baby Boy Photos.

My little guy is now smiling and laughing a lot. we really want to take him to get his pictures taken before he gets any teeth.- He is getting 3 on the bottom right now!-
I want any ideas on what type of clothes look cute in pics at this age. What worked for you and what do you advise doing differently. we are going to do some nakey of course, but I want some in clothes.
Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

I put my daughter in an all-white sleeper for her 3 mo. photos, and we took an all-white blanket to rest her on. She looked like an angel!!! (May or may not look as good for a boy...I don't know...) Whatever you choose, stick with a solid color. Prints and designs don't look nearly as nice in photos as a solid color!

Enjoy his first photo shoot! It's so much fun!

Just a cloth diaper or disposable w/a cover. You can only get away with these kind of photo's for so long! (-: Otherwise, a cute polo shirt and shorts - KOHLS has cute stuff for boys, they even have a Tony Hawk line that is so cute! My son is 3 years old and I just did his fall shopping there, everything they have for his age, they have for infants.

Enjoy!

Hi H.,

When my son was 3 1/2 months I thought I would put him in a little suit....shorts, with the button up shirt and jacket with a bow tie....boy was that a mistake...the clothes constantly shifted.

Better to put him in a onesie.....onsie baseball outfit...Oshkosh has some beautiful one piece's that snap over the shoulder...cotton...beautiful pale blue with little lambs or something like that...you will know it when you see it.

At 3 1/2 months the babies are so flexible...they really need to be comfortable too.

for my son's 3 month pics he wore a black baseball cap with black overall's-one of my favorite pictures of him.

just a diaper with cover, boy version of bloomers : ) This looks the best, as clothes don't tend to fit well at this age and it doesn't look good in pictures. Au Natural also works good. I use just hatched photography and Melisa is great!!! Check them out online for tons of examples. www.justhatchedphotography.com

Dear H.,

Just be sure they are soft and comfortable, and not itchy. C. N.

I saw a great photo the other day that had a 3 month old in a black onsie and long pants, and mommy in a black turtleneck, against a black background. They were looking at each other, and all you could really see were their faces and hands, thanks to the black - it was really beautiful. Just something to think about.

Hi H., you want something simple. Any prints on the shirt will more than likely not show up etirely because he will still slump and curl. With his naked pics, take a fav blanket to drape over his bottom and waiste. A cute hat and matching shirt will work cute also.

Overalls can be cute, but be sure they are cotton, not jean or heavy material. The heavier they are the less they move and they can go up in the babies face. We did some with a little cap on our sons head (matched overalls) and that was really cute. I would just make sure he is really comfortable. If there's a special toy that makes him smile, bring it. Depending on where you go they may want you in some pictures (or parts of you)So make sure YOU are photo ready too. Don't be stressed because he'll pick up on it. Have fun!

I suggest you steer clear of overalls because they bunch up. For the same reason I would recommend you make sure his shirt is a onesie, that way it will sit nice in the pic.

1 / 3