I Am Mildly Freaking Out over Pregnancy.

Hi everyone

I am old (or at least I feel old), 36 years old, 2 kids, one is 8 one is 2. I was SOOOO done, I knew I didn't want any more children, the main reasons were 1. my age, 2. we live in a tiny 800 sq foot 2 bed 1 bath trailer, with no prospects of buying a bigger house, or even adding on due to money,3. my husbands job is very unstable, 4. I am just DONE!!

Anyway on my birthday my hubby decided to surprise me with some nice sex - sorry TMI!!, we usually use condoms, but this time he decided to pull out - long story short, my period is now 2 months late, I did a few tests and they were all negative (like 5 tests, all negative), so I thought PHEW!! pcos playing up or something. I decided to do another test today, after the 2 minutes were up I threw it in the trash - another negative. I go to pee about 20 mins later ( I have been peeing a lot!), and lo and behold peeking out of the trash can was a very positive test, it had changed! so I do another one - negative. so 7 tests, 6 negative, 1 positive.
I feel pregnant, after 2 kids, I know what to feel for, so I am really confused as to why all these tests are negative, I should be around 11 weeks at least by my calculations - has anyone had this happen before.

Also I am jumping the gun a little here, but reason number 5 why I REAAALLLY didn't want to be pregnant is that I JUST started back to school, and I really want to see it through to the end, so we can get out of this bloody financial hole we are in - So should I just continue with my plans?, put my 2 youngest in daycare, and just carry on with school?

phew...phew, PHEW!
blood test came back not pregnant - still no period though over 2 months late now, so that's a bit weird - so false positives do occur!

Test are not reliable after the 2-10 minute window listed on the directions. An evaporation line can make a test appear as positive if it's out of the time window listed on the directions. Find a Planned Parenthood or other free clinic near you and have a test done there!

You can finish school for this entire school year. You can probably even start back up pretty soon too. I homeschool 4 of my kids and teach ballet to homeschoolers all while exclusively breastfeeding. I do have a lot of help (see my kids' ages...LOL) I just had my 5th baby at 39. I thought we were done too. My other kids are 16, 15, 9 and 7. Now I have a 6 month old too. LOL I did fine being pregnant while "old." Good luck and congratulations!!

It is not true that you cannot get a positive test when you are not pregnant. If you use a blue-dye test it is common to get a false positive, especially if you let it sit for 20 minutes.

The best thing to do is to go get a blood test done. This will relax you and will also allow you to move on, if indeed you are not pregnant.

First off take a breath, Second call they dr and go in for a blood test that is the only way you will find out for sure. Third, I commend you for wanting to better yourself and going back to school. Just relax and remember God never gives you more than you can handle.

you will be in summer break when you give birth if you are pregnant. second if you are preg 36 isnt too old if it is someone forgot to tell me. :) third I have put 5 people in a 2 bedroom trailer hard yes doable yes. cramped very.

god never gives you more than you can handle. ps happy late birthday relax it will all work out.

I say keep with the school. It is going to be hard but nothing worth while is easy really. I say on the baby note you need to get into see your doctor. One good blood test will end all your questions. I just turned 30 last week so I know there is a difference in our ages. But, I have a 10 and 6 year old, we homeschool, I got to school, husband works and goes to school, we live in a very small old 2 bedroom farm house, very low income, have been trying for number 3 for over 2 years but can not get a keeper, and then you add in my husband preaching. It can be done. Hang in there. I will keep you in my prayers.

First of all you need to speak with your husband about the possibility you are pregnant. Then you have to go to the doctor's for a proper examination and maybe a blood test to be sure.
If you are thinking of terminating this pregnancy you are fast running out of time. I understand this would not be an easy decision and maybe you are painting yourself into a corner so you don't have to make a choice. Remember that having a child is best when you are wholeheartedly choosing to do so. Your baby would feel any resentment you have toward it. You still have the chance to fully exercise your power to have choices, don't waste it.
Your life goals are important, I certainly don't want to diminish them. I just hope that can make a conscious decision about what you want so that whatever you choose you know you were in control. Don't leave it all to chance and feel like a victim of circumstance later, that would not help you or your family in any way. Especially if you add a new member who has no fault in any of it.

Make an appointment with your doctor! If you have PCOS then it could be playing games on you especially if you are stressed over it. Doctor test/ultra sound could clear up the confusion.

If you are pregnant....you will be just fine. You sound very intelligent and will be able to figure out how to get to school, finish your degree to better your family. You might be able to qualify for some kind of assistance for child care or grants for school. This wee little one might be your blessing in disguise.

Life is precious always and FOREVER!!

Reading a pregnancy test after the time you're supposed to can cause a false positive.

Of course you carry on with your plans. Meanwhile, visit planned parenthood and ask for a blood test. Then you can make whatever decision you need to make based on your family and circumstance.

By the way, plenty of people go to college while they are pregnant. A friend of mine went through law school with a woman who missed 3 days of class and came in the 4th day with her baby attached to her boob and finished law school.

1 / 3