I Am Currently on Birth Control.....

I am currently on birth control. Recently, I have not been feeling well. As I explained my symptoms to a friend, she mentioned that I might be pregnant. My question is this..... While taking birth control, there is the week of your "period" (I usually don't get one) that you don't take any horomone containing pills. Is it possible to get pregnant during this time? And what are the risks of getting pregnant on the pill period?

I was on birth control as well with my 1st daughter and had my period like I was supposed to with the little green pills… I took the pill at the same time everyday because I read the leaflet that came with them and it said that it works better and is more effective… Blah blah blah… needless to say I did not find out I was pregnant until I was 17 weeks along!!! So to some it up yes you can get pregnant on every form of birth control out there except abstinence.

The pill usually says its 99% effective, but there's countless number of people that have gotten pregnant while on the pill.

First off, the BC pill is only 97%-99% effective depending on the brand your using. Secondly, if you are on any type of antibiotics, it can cancel your pill out, and thirdly, you should be taking the pill consisitantly at the same time every day. I got pregnant with my son while taking the pill. I was on antibiotics for a cold at the time and it canceled my pill out. Also, my daughter was a pill baby.... wasn't consistantly taking the pill all the time. Its only as effective as you make it. Good Luck! It may be a blessing in disguise... mine were!

No birth control is 100 percent effective. Go and see the doctor, that is the best advice I can give you. Good luck.

Yes!! I was one of the women who got pregnant while on the pill.. I had 2 kids that way.. I always had problems with birth control for me it was no better than drinking a glass of water..for use as bc.. I even tried the shots and that just gave me horrible arthritis and bleeding and because of those side effects my dr. said that the implants would be even worse for me.. so I had all my babies and got my tubes tied which of course I regret doing nearly everyday.. Please make sure to take a test if you haven't already and double check it a week or so later with a different test if it comes back neg the first time.. Good luck!!

hea, there's no guarantee that the pill will stop pregnancy. I agree, if you think you're pregnant, go get a test, they show before your period if you're pregnant or not

In my family all of the women have had problems with birth control. Every single women except one has gotten pregnant while on birth control. My mom was on birth control when she got pregnant with my brother and me, I was on birth control when I got pregnant. My mother was told by her doctor that her body rejects birth control. The weird thing with me is I was on the same birth control for 4 years before I ever became pregnant, so it is very possible to get pregnant while on birth control, I would definatly get a home pregnancy test to find out for sure.

A few years ago i was on the pill and had alot of pregnancy symptoms. i took test after test that came back negative. so the dr switched my pills thinkin it was the pills makin me feel this way. well it turned out to be stress and the result of switchin my pills was me gettin pregnant cause my new pills were too weak for my system. so yes you can get pregnant on the pill.

Yes you can get pregnant during that week! It is just a sugar pill and meant for you to take so you don't forget to take pills. It is strictly for the habit of taking them. Take a test. You very well might be pregnant! Good luck!

1 / 3