I Am 47 Years Old and I Want to Get Pregnant

Is it possible for me to do without spending a lot of money? I am married, I still menstruate, but I have 2 miscarrages, and nothing in the last 4 years.

P., it isn't worth the risk. Why not adopt a small child? There are children who would love to have you as a Mom and you wouldn't have the risk.

www.grammyknowsbest.com

It's possible, but it depends on a lot of factors as to whether or not it's probable. General health, weight, hormonal production, all play parts along with egg viability and physical capability (because anyone from 15-90 can have uterine form that can make it impossible/difficult/hard/or easy to carry a child to term.). Plus a whole bunch of other things.

One of my very best friends, was put up for adoption at birth, because her bio-mom not only already had 5 kids...but more than 11 grandchildren. She was 58 when she became pregnant with my friend. My friend was lucky in that she has none of the genetic problems that can result from a late life birth.

I personally know 3 women in their 50"s, and hundreds of women in their 40's who've gotten pregnant the old fashioned way and given birth to healthy children. Of course, statistically, the chances of that happen go down as we age. What is it? a 1 in 6 chance of having a baby with Downs after the age of 40 something? Instead of 1 in several thousand if you give birth in your teens or twenties?

So is it possible? Yes. Are the risks higher (genetic abnormalities, inability to conceive, etc.)? Yes. Do either of those things mean you *shouldn't*? Nope. Just statistical data. (Shouldn't, btw, I mean by how much of a risk does it put your life in). To know whether or not you could/should, it would be best to work with a doctor... regardless of whether or not you do the whole fertility specialty thing... a good ob/gyn will be able to do an evaluation/risk assessment... and you can go from there.

:) Good Luck!!!

(And just as a "you go girl" kind of thing... I was the absolute youngest mom in both preschool and K. There was only one or two moms in their 30's, the rest were all in their 40's & 50's.)

Hi P.,
I completely sympathize with what you are going through.
I surely don't want to discourage you BUT..
Having learned the hard way and spending sixty thousand dollars , maybe more, on IVF when we were the same age as you, adoption turned out to be the best choice for us. My advice ,save your money and find a good attorney or agency. When your body is headed toward menopause do you want to fill it up with synthetic hormones and miscarriage again? Infertility clinics are not called fertility clinics and probably for good reason. Something to seriously think about. Once you hold the baby that comes to you, you will know what I mean. It is truly a blessing.
Best Intentions,

Hi P.....I totally understand and empathize with you; I had always wanted to be pregnant, but it was just not in the cards. My husband and I started going down the fertility path but given the costs involved, the emotional toll it can take on both parties, the high risk of complications and health issues and the fairly small success rate, we looked into adoption. Our daughter was born, with us both in the delivery room, 12 years ago and she is absolutely the light of our lives! I have 3 stepchildren who were all in their teens when she was born and it was a wonderful experience for all of them. At the time she was born, my husband and I were both in our 40's. We can not imagine our lives without her and we couldn't love her any more than if I had given birth to her. Giving birth doesn't necessarily make you a parent...loving, raising and caring for a child makes you a great parent. By the way, she was born 7 months and 1 day after we consulted with an adoption attorney! I'd be happy to give you more info on the adoption process if you're interested. Good luck on your journey, no matter what path you decide to take.

well P., I hate to say it, but your body is talking to you. Listen to it. If you persue a child of your own, there could very possibly, at your age, be major complications such as birth defects (retardation,underdeveloped organs, etc)

There are plenty of children & babies that need a loving family to adopt them.

Good luck and God Bless.

Trust God will have this turn out just like it should.

And all the while, it doesn't hurt to have lots of sex with your husband. : )

Hi P. - I wish the best for you and your future child :-) One of the most important things you can do to prepare your body to sustain a healthy pregnancy is to take care of it really really well. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, drink a lot of water, avoid sugar and processed foods, etc... Have you heard of Juice Plus capsules? I highly recommend you get on them. The fruit and vegetable nutrition in it's natural combination is so beneficial to help your body function at it's best. Juice Plus will just ensure, that in addition to what you can eat, you are getting the full spectrum of nutrition every day. Please take a look. A pregnancy study is recorded that you can listen to below along with other research. Dr. William Sears believes that once the new research on pregnancy is completed, that Juice Plus will be right up there with prenatal vitamins for standard care for pregnancy. I've also received training form other docs in the past that especially when both parents are taking Juice Plus it can help the reproductive organs more effective. If you'd like more information feel free to contact me at ###-###-####. Also check out WeThriveonJuicePlus.com. I swear by it for my family.

Juice PLUS+ 24 Hour Information Hot Line: 800/942-1260

OPTION #1 PREVENTION PLUS+CONFERENCE CALLS
#1 - Prevention Plus+ Monthly Health Education Conference Call
#2 - Children’s Nutrition, Dr. William Sears, Pediatrician
#3 - Cancer Survivor, Dr. Marilyn Joyce, Dietician
#4 - Weight Management, Jack Medina, America’s Fitness trainer
#5 - Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Delia Garcia, MD

OPTION #2 Juice PLUS+ PRODUCT RESEARCH
#1 - Bio-availability, Immune, & DNA Studies, Dr. Mitra Ray, Author, Scientist
#2 - Univ. of Mississippi Pregnancy Study, Dr. Doug Odom, MD – ObGyn
#3 - Univ. of Maryland Cardiovascular Research, published in JACC
#4 - Univ. of Sydney Homocysteine Study, published in Journal of Nutrition
#5 – 2 International studies and NEWEST Juice PLUS+ Research projects

www.grammyknowsbest.com

Hi P. - I think anything is possible. Have you had your FSH levels checked? That will give you a good starting point as to how difficult it would be to get pregnant at this point. I would also have my progesterone levels checked. And the most important thing to do is albeit a difficult one is to not stress out about it. It's amazing how negatively stress effects everything. Warmest Wishes and Best of Luck!!!

1 / 3