I Am 16 Weeks Pregnant and Just Found Out! TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation. I am already over my 1st trimester and just found out I am pregnant. I have been so distraught thinking of all I did and didn't do to take care of myself and this tiny baby. I just had a sonogram and the little baby was so active and cute. I can't believe that I never had symptoms until now. My question is has anyone found out way late they were pregnant and had a healthy baby? I just need support and some easing for my nerves!

Thanks for all the support and encouraging stories. I am trying not to worry, but I keep remembering things that have happened. Early on I got an X-Ray at the dentist...boooo, I think it'll be ok. I had been casually smoking and drinking at least once a week but not very overboard. Other than these things, I eat pretty healthy and walk a lot with my 11 month old in a stroller. I will keep posted on my status.

A friend of mine went to the ER with severe abdominal pains and came home with a 9 lb. beautiful and healthy baby girl. She say's that she had no idea she was pregnant. My philosophy is there is no use worrying about somethimg you can't change. You can't go back in time, so congratulations! Every thing will be fine!

I actually knew someone who didn't find out they were pregnant until their 7th month. They had a perfectly normal and healthy baby boy! Congratulations and good luck!

E.:

My ex-boyfriend (years ago) had 3 sisters. One of them didn't find out that she was pregnant until she was taken to the hospital with severe abdominal pain, only to find out that she was dilated to 9 cm and within 15 minutes out came Brandy a brand new daughter, fortunately very healthy with the exception of fetal alcohol syndrome. In her case she was a very athletic person, fit and slender, although she did like to go out to the clubs and get very drunk...still not so sure who Brandy's dad is and Brandy is now 22. She we used to not having periods due to her athleticism so never gave it a second thought. She never had any morning sickness or anything. After the fact, she did tell people that she had experienced a lot of "butterflies" in her stomach and for the past few weeks it had been very difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
Provided you have kept yourself healthy, and you now are going to the OBGyn and taking your pre-natals, eating right, etc., everything should be just fine. If there is anything you can think of that you might have done up until now, here is the time to tell your OBGyn... I.E. illicit drugs, drinking...can't think of anything else at the moment.
Otherwise...enjoy the fact that it will be a short pregnancy as far as you are concerned and be glad you didn't get the morning sickness, etc.
Congratulations, please have a look at my profile and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

God Bless and Best of Everything,

J. T

E., I too was 16 weeks pregnant(or more) when I found out I was having my last son. I was horified because I had been drinking heavily for that period of time and had done some other things I'll not mention. I was also 36 years old. Talk about compounding bad factors! But as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I did everything correctly and had a beautiful, healthy baby boy. My point is, don't worry. It's not good for you or the baby. Chances are, everything is okay. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Hi E.,
This happened to my friend Ashley but she was much farther along than you. All the sudden one day she went to the hospital because her legs and feet were extremely swolen out of nowhere. The Dr. asked if she had missed any periods and she hadn't. She was on the patch and continued to get her period on time every month. He decided to do a pregnany test just to be sure and it came back positive. They did an ultrasound to see how far along she was and she was 7 months. She hadn't felt the baby move or anything and she had just overcome an eating disorder so she thought she had just gained a little weight. Her little girl, Chloe Madison came home a month and a half later. She was a little on the small side. A little under 6 llbs. However she's completely healthy other than some normal things any child can experience like cradle cap and acid reflux. She's not behind on any of her growth milestones. I babysit her quite often and she's a smart, animated, wonderful child. Have no fear I'm sure your baby will be fine. What a fun surprise. Maybe not the best timing for you but it will be worth it. Best wishes and keep us posted with the progress of your pregnancy and your other child. Good luck with school as well.

V.

I was in my 7th month when I found out. Don't stress yourself out over it. Just go to your appointments and do when you need to. The baby will be fine. My daughter is 2 1/2 and healthy. Treat it just like any other pregnancy. You just have a little less time to prepare. Congratulations and good luck!!

E.,

I was in a very similar situation...I thought I had the flu! Or that it was stress. My son is now a wonderful, happy, and healthy 5 year old. My only advice would be: come clean to your doctor! If you took any medications (prescribed or over the counter), drank, smoked, etc...It can help your obstetrician to be aware of any potential complications or problems. If s/he thinks there's cause for concern, worry then. Otherwise, everything will most likely be fine...we women have been having babies for hundreds of years without the wonderful medical care available now. Try not to stress and enjoy your newest little one! Best wishes to you and your family!

I had the exact same experience w/ my first child. I was totally in denial about being pregnant & when I finally went to the doctor, I was 16 weeks along. I wasn't ready to have kids & was completely freaked out....I hadn't taken care of myself at all before that, but my son was perfectly health & still is to this day...he's 9 now....as long as your Dr. says everything is alright, I would try to not worry too much....just start doing all the right things now & for the rest of your pregnancy!! Good luck & Congrats!!

i didnt fine out until i was 4 months she came out healthy and beautiful you'll be find just do everything u can to keep that baby and ur self heathy and happy not stress thats not good for either if you calm down im sure everything will be fine

1 / 3