Hypoallergenic Sunblock

Hello,
My son and I go out on a stroll every day that is sunny, so we purchased the Aveeno sunblock lotion for babies, and it made him have a reaction to it. His skin got red and bumpy. Does anybody know of a hypoallergenic sunblocker for my boy that has sensitive skin?

Thank you

California Baby has a fragrance free, hyp-oallergenic sunblock, that is really nice, I found it at Target, also any health food store body care section should have some good choices too

You might Nutragena. My kids are pretty sensitive to things and this works for us. Hope you find something that works!

Hi M..
That's great that you get outside whenever you can with your baby. I try and do the same and I too have struggled with what topical sunbloks to use. I don't typically promote my products on here (as I love mamapedia more for help with my five kids!) but your post compelled me to tell you about my company, UV Skinz. We sell UV protective swimshirts and clothing. I suggest that instead of slathering on a bunch of topical sunscreen, you can use a swim shirt and hat for your walks. There's many brands out there so I'm not particularly saying mine, but I can speak for my fabrics and tell you that even though they are called 'swim shirts' and are awesome for the water, they are so light weight and breathable that they also work well for regular play (or walks). I started UV Skinz after I lost my 32-year-old husband to skin cancer so I understand all too well the need for proper sun protection.

Good luck with your search. (and if there is an interest, I know we have a coupon code floating around out there for 10% off your entire order... MOMMAG10... I think it's good until the end of the month.)
Best,
R.

My daughter has sensitive skin and had a reaction to Aveeno too. We now use Water Babies Sensitive skin and I make sure I wipe her down with a wet washcloth when we come back inside to keep her skin from getting irritated. It's been working great! :) Good luck!

When my daughter was younger, she had a similar reaction to the baby sunblock I put on her (Baby Blanket Sunblock lotion). After doing some research, I decided to pay a bit more and buy Blue Lizard sunscreen. She has no reaction to this brand and her baby brother so far has been doing fine on it too. An additional perk, the bottle turns blue when UVA rays are present, so you know that you definitely need to apply.

Be sure to check out the Environmental Working Group's sunscreen list.
http://www.ewg.org/newsrelease/whichsunscreenssafest

We use Badger sunscreen-- supposedly it is so pure you could eat it. And it has a wonderful smell and feel. It works very well-- nothing close to a sunburn ever.

Arbonne has a wonderful sunscreen for children (although I have adult friends that use it as well) and it is part of the baby line. It has a SPF of 30 and it lasts a long time. Arbonne does not use parabans, phthlates, chemical dyes/fragrances, animal products/by-products, mineral oil and their products are certified Vegan. You can only get their products through Arbonne Independent Consultants. Go to www.arbonne.com to find one close to you. Good luck in finding something that works for your little boy.

C. B Palmer
www.linabean.myarbonne.com

1 / 3