Hyland's Homeopathic Cough and Cold

Has anyone used the Hyland's cough and cold medicine with their children? My son is 2.5 and has been getting ear infections from being too congested. I wanted to try something to ease his congestion and possibly prevent the infection. The doctor mentioned that he could take Zyrtec but because it is an antihistamine I wasn't sure if it would work the way I want it to. In general I am a fan of homeopathic remedies but when it comes to kids I am not so sure. In a way I feel like the mainstream medicines might be better because at least they have been researched and approved (not that that always means that much). Anyway, I bought the Hylands but have been holding back from using it until I can get some feedback from other moms. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

We have used it and found it to be affective. We use the daytime and nighttime versions. We also use Vicks Vapo Rub and a humidifier. Try it with your son. It is not as expensive as the other things and I think works just as well without all the "medicine" in the others. Good Luck

I use it for myself and for my kids. It works great! I will not give my kids any kind of other medicine for a cold. The only time they ever do get any medicine is if they have a fever, I will give them childrens motrin. I am very into homeopathic remedies and would much rather use that, then medicine.

We use it too! I love it, and won't give them anything else unless I really have to.

I love it, but I also love their allergy formula as well! Seems to dry up the runny nose and head congestion as well!

You're still just treating the symptoms instead of boosting his immunity, which will prevent the colds & ear infections from starting.

Medicines have been researched and approved - and then there are problems and the FDA pulls them. So yes, you are right to be concerned. Still, you're only treating the symptoms.

I would use nutritional supplementation for prevention - that's what we do. A friend has 3 daughters, 2 with asthma (one of whom had to be hospitalized with every attack) and one with ear infections (tubes recommended). She used nutrition and no one needed tubes and all are off their inhalers & nebulizers. But no pills, and no gummy vitamins! They don't work.

I have used it with my children and LOVE IT. Works great and is safe!

M

How is your son's diet? Is he eating a lot of fruits and vegetables? Check out Juice Plus+. It boosts the immune system and will prevent your son from getting sick in the first place. Dr. William Sears highly recommends it. JP+ comes in capsule form and soft chews for the children. Check out my website (lswiftjuiceplus.com) and feel free to contact me if you are interested. My information is on my website. Juice Plus+ is also the most thoroughly researched brand name nutritional product on the market today. You can also check out our website ChildrensHealthStudy.com which will explain the results of our health study whereby children can get Juice Plus+ for free. Best of luck with your son and I hope to hear from you!

1 / 3