Husbands 50Th Birthday Celebration Ideas

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies!
I need help in what to do for my husband's 50th birthday. He says he does not want a big party, so I thought maybe take him on one of those vintage plane rides??, or something that he has never done before that would not break the bank. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Something all ages would enjoy if you just decide to do something low key. www.CandiSno.com

Have fun!

Have fun!

Texas Motor Speedway offers the opportunity to take race class, ride with instructors, then drive a Nascar race car around the track. My husband LOVED it! Plus, you can invite as many people out to watch as you want. As he got out of the car, he exclaimed, "I want to do that again!" and he looked like a little boy. It was great. http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/DrivingSchools.aspx

How about driving school at the Texas Motor Speedway? I think the package is like $350 and they get to drive a real race car for 10 laps (i think) and they can go 150 mph. We all chipped in and gave that to our bosses as a present and they LOVED it!

How about a hot air balloon ride for the two of you? Take a good camera it is amazing the pictures you will get, then make a small scrapbook of his balloon ride.

Compile a book for him. Contact friends and family and have them write something they like about your husband or just wish him well. Type the responses on nice paper and have it bound (ranging from Kindo's to hardbound. It's inexpensive but a precious gift for a landmark birthday.

not sure if he likes to fish but maybe a weekend at a nearby lake and surprise him with a fish guide for the day.
My hubby has a couple of years before the big one, but that is already on my plate to do. My friends have done it and I believe they went up to Texhoma. The whole family could go! Not sure the cost...but worth maybe checking into.

Happy Birthday to your Hubby...and How sweet you are to plan! Congrats also on 30 years of marriage!

Couple of good ideas already mentioned below - hot air balloon ride, driving school as Texas Motor Speedway (I got it for my husband for Christmas last year and I can't remember the price, but nowhere near $350). We rented a barge at Lake Lewisville for a friends birthday a few years ago. My a weekend hotel stay close by or even in town (but just away for the normal routine) or a cabin rental on one of the nearby lakes. My husbands a huge Ranger fan so for his 40th I got tickets to see the Rangers play Boston in Boston at Fenway.

Whatever you decide, he'll love it. Good luck and have fun!!

Consider using a great photo for invitation by Nonnie's Little Notes, and also a Photo Story Book, whatever the activity you decide on. You furnish the pictures and give me some background, and I write and create the heirloom quality book, boxed and beautifully presented. Don't forget your 15% off cupon~ Also, there is a houseboat dinner cruise on Lake Texoma. I think it can be an overnight thing.

N. Boles
Nonnie's Little Notes

1 / 3