Husbands 50Th Birthday

My husband is turning 50 soon and I have no idea what to get him. He is the type of person that usually buy's what he want's/needs. He's not big on jewelry or parties and can't do an unplanned trip due to work, so I am at a loss what to do or get him that is special in some way. It is a pretty important milestone so I want to do something different than the usual like go out to dinner, ( which we will do anyway) buy him clothes etc. You Mama's always have given me such great advice so I'm hoping you have some more for me :-). Thank you so much!

I just thought of maybe renting the Texas Queen? I think that it's in Rockwall. They have a nice dinner/drinks maybe a mystery? Have any of you Mama's done this? If so, what was it like and would you reccomend it?

My neighbor owns a Bentley and a Lamborghini and both are "investments" because both are used by a high-end car rental company (people pay to rent the cars for a day). Not sure it is up his alley, but here is a link to one rental company near you: http://www.cloud9living.com/dallas/rent-a-lamborghini-gal...

How about just a day trip? Does he have any hobbies or interests that you could take him to do for a day, maybe invite some friends and family to come too? For example, my husband really likes watching thunderstorms and tornadoes, so I'm planning to take him on a storm-chasing event for a milestone birthday (luckily his b-day is in April).

Or could you do something like rent a pontoon boat for a day (or even a few hours) and have a party on it?

Need more info - does he have hobbies (woodworking, sports etc.)?

I agree with renting a fancy car or Harley for him to ride for a day. Hot air balloon ride..
Tickets to an upcoming concert or show.

If he can't do an unplanned trip, can you do all the details for a trip except the dates and then schedule those?

When my husband turned 50, it just so happened that his father turned 80 (their birthdays are a month apart). My MIL and I had a combined birthday party for them and invited all the relatives. It was a sit down dinner and a lot of fun. Both my husband and his father had a great time talking to relatives they hadn't seen in awhile. It was not a surprise party.

One thing you can do is a collage or scrapbook of pictures for your husband - from birth to present day. My husband loves craft beer, so he received 50 bottles of different craft beers from his cousin, who is also a craft beer lover. My husband received gift cards in $50 denominations.

Hope this helps!

1 / 3